• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with LinkedIn Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Behind the scenes videos of Refuse Collection, Gritting etc

bin men wheelie bins refuse collection rubbish boys are back

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Zero waste

Zero waste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:08 PM

The town truck emptying after a big day https://youtu.be/vjSr_WjUzwQ

• Nigel Bridgman-Elliot and lillibit like this

#2 Zero waste

Zero waste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:55 PM

https://youtu.be/BgNheda4HAI

• Nigel Bridgman-Elliot likes this

#3 Suffererof1crankymofo

Suffererof1crankymofo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:01 PM

Oh look, no SIC gritting.

• The Cleaner likes this

#4 Zero waste

Zero waste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:12 PM

A wee video on sustainability and us doing our bit.https://youtu.be/pMx6Caz_lww

• mikeyboy likes this

#5 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

1crankymofo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9028 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:20 PM

I hope you guys had the good sense to get paid at least double time up front for all this out of hours intense posting of propaganda on social media sites.

Not sure I agree with my tax dollars going towards the local (regional?) government thought police, but thats a whole other debate.

• The Cleaner likes this

#6 Zero waste

Zero waste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 05:47 PM

Trying out this video making see how it goes.

Must say it is a great hobby and great and fun way to spend your evenings.

Here is a short clip i have made tonight.

https://youtu.be/zuZrLtCGiUk

#7 Nigel Bridgman-Elliot

Nigel Bridgman-Elliot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:36 PM

Nice video.

How much does one of those things weigh ?

I wonder how many MPG you get out of them ?

Do you happen to know their storage capacity ?

I'm often curious about things. :-)

What camera did you use ?

I'm just getting into video myself, having got a Lightdow 1080P camera.

Learning how to use Shortcut video editing software, what do you use ?

Related link:

https://www.shotcut.org

#8 Nigel Bridgman-Elliot

Nigel Bridgman-Elliot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:59 PM

Great to see videos of local industry at work.

#9 Zero waste

Zero waste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:23 PM

A wee slide of pictures of the team some have left. https://youtu.be/mAFSxMeQqgA

#10 The Cleaner

The Cleaner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:36 PM

Against my better judgement I am going to ask this, is there another reason for sharing this other than that you can?
  • Ghostrider, George. and Suffererof1crankymofo like this

#11 Suffererof1crankymofo

Suffererof1crankymofo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:19 PM

No women?

#12 The Cleaner

The Cleaner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:32 PM

^I know there is at least one woman doing the job now, I saw her fairly recently. My point was that I'm surprised that this forum was chosen to share this video on. I would have thought Facebook would have been more apt so I was wondering if there was another reason. Note to self, don't let curiosity get the better of you!
  • Suffererof1crankymofo likes this

#13 George.

George.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1158 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:48 PM

A rubbish wee slide, brought to us by the rubbish who can do no more than inflict rubbish on us. Possibly trying to get promoted out of his rubbish job :roll:

(*admin edit - watch your tone George. No need for personal insults *)

#14 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

1crankymofo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9028 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 11:21 PM

Ever since we were supposed to endure 'Maggie's Idiot Guide To Bungee Cord Use' I try to avoid any video that features anything SIC related for health reasons - Watching one could well make me want to kill somebody.

• The Cleaner likes this

#15 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2090 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:12 AM

Personally, I do not see any problem with posting video links.  You do not have to look at them  (I don't) and, it's no different to Frances' daily blog posting (I don't look at that either).

Not my "thing" but it's an open set of boards

and somebody might want to take a peek.

Live and let live. 

• mikeyboy and JGHR like this

#16 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2090 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:14 AM

No women?

Good ! :twisted:

#17 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2090 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:30 AM

Against my better judgement I am going to ask this, is there another reason for sharing this other than that you can?

You could ask that question of every post ever made. 

I suspect that the OP made the post "because he could" and, if he wants to share a part of his life with a wider audience, he has a "right" to do so.

Freedom of speech, expression etc.

• peeriebryan, sharney houghs, mikeyboy and 1 other like this

#18 The Cleaner

The Cleaner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:45 AM

That same freedom of speech gives me the right to ask the question in the polite way that I believe I did. I have nothing against people posting videos but they usually put them on this type of site in relation to, or at least to start a discussion. I was wondering what discussion they were aiming for? As for Frances' daily blog, it is labelled as such I believe so you have an idea of what you are going to get before you go into it. By the way Colin, if the female essy cart worker I saw very recently is working your area will you be exercising your freedom of speech on that subject directly to her, as going by your earlier post at 7:14am you don't seem to like the idea. No need for a reply, my question was tongue in cheek as I would hope your comment was.
  • Suffererof1crankymofo likes this

#19 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2090 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:32 PM

That same freedom of speech gives me the right to ask the question in the polite way that I believe I did. I have nothing against people posting videos but they usually put them on this type of site in relation to, or at least to start a discussion. I was wondering what discussion they were aiming for? As for Frances' daily blog, it is labelled as such I believe so you have an idea of what you are going to get before you go into it. By the way Colin, if the female essy cart worker I saw very recently is working your area will you be exercising your freedom of speech on that subject directly to her, as going by your earlier post at 7:14am you don't seem to like the idea. No need for a reply, my question was tongue in cheek as I would hope your comment was.

Nobody is disputing your right to post whatever you like but, to me, it read as an unfair criticism directed at the OP.   

A week or two back, someone was complaing that people were afraid to post here because of the "negative" comments. 

As for the type of discussion the OP was aiming for, who knows, but the "discussion" they got must have been far from welcome.

Yes, Francis' blog is labelled as such but, the first line of the opening post of this thread should have told you all you needed to know about the subject and the "youtube" in the link should have told you that it was a video of some sort. 

If you don't like it, why not pass it by and refrain from commenting ? 

Why do you not want a reply re: "the female essy cart worker" ?  Is it because you noticed the "emoticon" next to my comment and knew what it meant ?

#20 The Cleaner

The Cleaner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:38 PM

I am not & have not disputed anybody's right to free speech or have made any claims that anyone is curbing mine. I just pointed out that I was exercising the right to it too. I'm sorry if it read as unfair, my initial post was intended to express my surprise (& I still am) at the choice of platform as I did explain in further posts. Maybe there was a specific reason for sharing this particular video? I wanted to know if a specific point was being made or was it just to share pictures that would really only have meaning to a relative few. I would wager that France's "Shetland blog" will always have a wider appeal because of the subject & as we agree, is clearly labelled. Yes I did notice that YouTube is in the link which made me think it would be more about their job than it was as that would be more relevant to a wider audience than say family & friends on Facebook.
I didn't say that "I didn't want" a reply to my question, re female essy cart worker, I said it wasn't needed as I was hoping it was a tongue in cheek comment. I did notice the emoticon & no I am not fluent in their use but I was hoping that was it's meaning.
On the plus side this that I see as a storm in a teacup may have got his video more attention!