Behind the scenes videos of Refuse Collection, Gritting etc

That same freedom of speech gives me the right to ask the question in the polite way that I believe I did. I have nothing against people posting videos but they usually put them on this type of site in relation to, or at least to start a discussion. I was wondering what discussion they were aiming for? As for Frances' daily blog, it is labelled as such I believe so you have an idea of what you are going to get before you go into it. By the way Colin, if the female essy cart worker I saw very recently is working your area will you be exercising your freedom of speech on that subject directly to her, as going by your earlier post at 7:14am you don't seem to like the idea. No need for a reply, my question was tongue in cheek as I would hope your comment was.

That same freedom of speech gives me the right to ask the question in the polite way that I believe I did. I have nothing against people posting videos but they usually put them on this type of site in relation to, or at least to start a discussion. I was wondering what discussion they were aiming for? As for Frances' daily blog, it is labelled as such I believe so you have an idea of what you are going to get before you go into it. By the way Colin, if the female essy cart worker I saw very recently is working your area will you be exercising your freedom of speech on that subject directly to her, as going by your earlier post at 7:14am you don't seem to like the idea. No need for a reply, my question was tongue in cheek as I would hope your comment was.

Nobody is disputing your right to post whatever you like but, to me, it read as an unfair criticism directed at the OP.   

A week or two back, someone was complaing that people were afraid to post here because of the "negative" comments. 

As for the type of discussion the OP was aiming for, who knows, but the "discussion" they got must have been far from welcome.

Yes, Francis' blog is labelled as such but, the first line of the opening post of this thread should have told you all you needed to know about the subject and the "youtube" in the link should have told you that it was a video of some sort. 

If you don't like it, why not pass it by and refrain from commenting ? 

Why do you not want a reply re: "the female essy cart worker" ?  Is it because you noticed the "emoticon" next to my comment and knew what it meant ?

I am not & have not disputed anybody's right to free speech or have made any claims that anyone is curbing mine. I just pointed out that I was exercising the right to it too. I'm sorry if it read as unfair, my initial post was intended to express my surprise (& I still am) at the choice of platform as I did explain in further posts. Maybe there was a specific reason for sharing this particular video? I wanted to know if a specific point was being made or was it just to share pictures that would really only have meaning to a relative few. I would wager that France's "Shetland blog" will always have a wider appeal because of the subject & as we agree, is clearly labelled. Yes I did notice that YouTube is in the link which made me think it would be more about their job than it was as that would be more relevant to a wider audience than say family & friends on Facebook.

I didn't say that "I didn't want" a reply to my question, re female essy cart worker, I said it wasn't needed as I was hoping it was a tongue in cheek comment. I did notice the emoticon & no I am not fluent in their use but I was hoping that was it's meaning.

On the plus side this that I see as a storm in a teacup may have got his video more attention!

Against my better judgement I am going to ask this, is there another reason for sharing this other than that you can?

You could ask that question of every post ever made. 

I suspect that the OP made the post "because he could" and, if he wants to share a part of his life with a wider audience, he has a "right" to do so.

Freedom of speech, expression etc.

Fair points. But I think its also fair to query whether this post and previous similar posts from the same source, form a type of 'continuation' of the barrage of propoganda spewed out by SIC management for over a year now ever since the great 'Recycling' God was unleashed upon us by them. Or, simply 'coincidence'. :ponders:

Some friendly advice to 'Zero Waste', the user who started the thread. We try to keep posts dealing with the similar points in a single thread. Here's the guidance from the "Forum use - guidelines and netiquette" - https://www.shetlink.com/index.php?/topic/1239-forum-use-guidelines-and-netiquette/

Avoid starting a new discussion thread if there's already a relevant one - the forums become confused and discussions difficult to follow when there are multiple threads dealing with similar or identical subject matter, so we encourage users to post in existing threads whenever possible. This gives new posts a chronological order, provides background information to new posts, keeps popular topics active and acts as a running archive of subjects. New topics which are deemed as dealing with the same subject matter as existing threads may be locked and/or merged with the existing thread

I'll do a little moderating just now to combine your threads into one :-)

We haven't given it the most inspiring title, so please feel free to suggest something else!