Brexit (merged threads)

Urabug

I'm not sure the amount of bureaucracy and red tape with regard to dealing with the EU will diminish if / when we leave. I could see it increasing in a lot of areas due to us being separated. *cough* freight *cough* Dover *cough* travelling in or out of any EU country *cough* security *cough* I need a drink for this terrible throat

I'm not sure the amount of bureaucracy and red tape with regard to dealing with the EU will diminish if / when we leave. I could see it increasing in a lot of areas due to us being separated. *cough* freight *cough* Dover *cough* travelling in or out of any EU country *cough* security *cough* I need a drink for this terrible throat

The Government will just rebrand it as "red, white, and blue tape", and the gullible will lap it up.

Every time I leave/return and to the country I have to go through security and immigration at both ends ,so cannot say we exactly have freedom of movement ,so cannot see why that would need to change much . 

Every time I leave/return and to the country I have to go through security and immigration at both ends ,so cannot say we exactly have freedom of movement ,so cannot see why that would need to change much . 

You don't foresee any changes to getting in to an EU country we no longer have any freedom of movement arrangements with? Or changes to who's allowed into this country? I'm not sure I follow you there as I envisage there being a whole shedload of new work involved there. They're after making it harder and more restrictive and I don't see that making anyone's life easier or less bureaucratic.

You don't foresee any changes to getting in to an EU country we no longer have any freedom of movement arrangements with? Or changes to who's allowed into this country? I'm not sure I follow you there as I envisage there being a whole shedload of new work involved there. They're after making it harder and more restrictive and I don't see that making anyone's life easier or less bureaucratic.

I was travelling all over the world before and after we joined the EU

This country had thousands of immigrants and workers long before we joined the EU .

Merchant Navy personnel and plenty of other worked for periods all over Europe and elsewhere , but they all had to comply with the rules of the country they were visiting ,which is not a problem.

Sorry i do not see any major problems for the most of us.

The EU employs some 55,000 staff to support the 28 member countries.

What do they do,?

So you don't know what they do, but you know you don't like them doing whatever it is they do?? 

Absolutely have no Idea what they do ,because surely most of all those EU regulations must be in place by now and surely they do not require 55,000 to keep them up to date.

Of course we can all keep ourselves busy sending "emails" and letters to each other whether they are necessary or not .

I don't think those guys at Brussels send out the invoices,imagine they are above that but  ma'be they do.

Perhaps it would help you make a stronger case if you understood the thing(s) you're complaining about?

I have no intentions of making a "case" just a casual observation that has raised my curiosity.

I could probably google it and spend  some searching but I do have better things to do.with my time.

I was shocked to learn that there are a big number of people in the E.U. I.e. just over half a billion. 55,000 admin staff is really b.a. Even the Romans realised you need a load of people and that was a while ago. The EU costs the British Worker about £50 every year. That is a piddling amount, you probably can’t get a taxi home for that at 2.00 on Sunday morning.

Do you think that leaving the EU will save you £50.

Well at my guess that £50, using your own logic, UB, will cost you £3350.00 per year for the next 47years.

...a European trading bloc was maybe fine and well in the world of 50 or more years ago but its yesterday's news now Its a global marketplace, a global economy, we're all one people, surely in this day and age we should be working towards global trading, which is surely what the WTO is an early steps towards and opening up global borders and not still building parochial little regional 'strongholds'.

Yes we're in a global marketplace, we already trade globally as part of the EU.

The problem for us going it alone is the world's full of sharks, having the world's biggest and most powerful trading bloc negotiating international deals on our behalf has helped prevent us from becoming shark food.

Common sense dictates a trading bloc with 28 rich developed countries (combined population 500 million) can throw its weight around a good bit more in negotiations than we could alone.

The deals they've already negotiated have been so good the UK government's been desperately trying to replicate them.

The EU has 236 international treaties with 168 countries and 40 free trade deals with 70 countries, I don't know how many of them have been rolled over or are likely to be rolled over, we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that none of these countries/sharks smell blood and see Brexit as an opportunity to reopen these [treaties], to get more out of the UK.

Edited by Capeesh