• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with LinkedIn Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Njord | Market - Classifieds

Thank you for your continued patience. Shetlink is happy to announce the launch of Njord | Market as an upgraded and focused software development for the Shetland community.

With your Shetlink login details, all classifieds, private messages, and invoices are now accessed through the new Njord | Market system. Please see Njord | Market FAQ for more details.

Photo

Donald Trump (poll)

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Donald Trump (25 member(s) have cast votes)

In general, do you support Donald Trump?

1. Yes (4 votes [16.00%])

Percentage of vote: 16.00%

2. No (21 votes [84.00%])

Percentage of vote: 84.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Davie P

Davie P

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:28 PM

Just asking... ;-)

Edited by Davie P, 04 December 2018 - 11:32 PM.

#2 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

1crankymofo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9052 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:50 AM

I wouldn't care to say either way, I'm pretty much 50/50 with him. His bad points pretty much cancel out his good points, I don't think America, or the world will be any better after his tenure than before, just different, but then again that's be a recurring theme with their presidents for decades.

America, and the Democrats especially, got what they deserved though for punting the unelectable as their choice. With Hillary confirmed the Republicans could have hung a tape recorder on the Statue of Liberty playing pre-recorded speeches, and the majority would have voted it in as Prez - despite it being French.

Edited by Ghostrider, 05 December 2018 - 12:52 AM.

#3 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2116 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:58 AM

Don't care to much either way.  Americans voted for him, and got him !  Their choice, not ours.

But to be fair, he has brought something new to the table....  Trump Derangement Syndrome.(TDS).!

I thought it was a joke at first but, my wife has developed a severe case of it, and there doesn't seem to be a cure. :cry: 

To much time on facebook I suppose ? :ponders:

#4 mikeyboy

mikeyboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:31 AM

I personally think President Trump has dementia or something like that.

#5 Davie P

Davie P

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:07 AM

The Washington Post's database of Trump's "false or misleading claims" makes for interesting and worrying reading

https://www.washingt...claims-database

#6 Roachmill

Roachmill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1063 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:42 PM

One full hour of Trump lies set to the soothing backdrop of an open fire. Relaxing, tragic, funny and bewildering; all at the same time. In no way can I support this colossal bumblef****r.

#7 RileyBKing

RileyBKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:55 PM

I think that if you are going to start looking for politicians to be honest with us then you (and we) are in trouble.

Barack Obama (22 January 2009) "Guantanamo will be shut down within one year"

Hillary Clinton (17 march 2008 & other dates) on arriving in Bosnia "under sniper Fire"

#8 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2116 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:49 PM

I just don't get why people "hate" (?) Trump when they don't even know the man.

#9 Evil Inky

Evil Inky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1063 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:51 PM

Speaking for myself, it's the things he does and says.

#10 Roachmill

Roachmill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1063 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:52 PM

Speaking for myself, it's the things he does and says.

And doesn't say or do too.

#11 George.

George.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1207 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:07 PM

Trump has proven himself to be rather Islamophobic and racist but of course, I don't know the man either.

Edited by George., 13 December 2018 - 05:09 PM.

#12 tarsus

tarsus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:03 PM

If the people who spend their time criticising Mr Trump spent some time in America they may get another point of view, he has tried to get a lot of things done but due to the political system is stopped from doing so, the two houses always seem to be against each other. I do spend a lot of time there.

#13 tirvaluk

tirvaluk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:16 PM

The man is a big bully. I've never liked him since he tried to throw out the farmer that was staying near his golf course. And judging by recent court cases in America he may not be in the job for long.

#14 George.

George.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1207 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:23 PM

If the people who spend their time criticising Mr Trump spent some time in America they may get another point of view, he has tried to get a lot of things done but due to the political system is stopped from doing so, the two houses always seem to be against each other. I do spend a lot of time there.

Perhaps you could show proof of the good that you claim he has done?

#15 Wheelsup

Wheelsup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:19 PM

To be fair, some people seem to like Donald. Mainly right-wing extremists, and some others  :ponders: . its not for us to judge as long as he stays in his tower. ;-)

#16 Sukibind

Sukibind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:13 PM

A friend, American. Well educated, and at the top of his career. I assumed he would be against Trump, but was gobsmacked to learn he thought that Trump was exactly what America needed. I say gobsmacked because I think Trump is just what America needs - sometimes an opinionated loud mouth achieves more than a mild Liberal....in the short term

#17 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2116 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:38 PM

That's the whole point..  No matter how you dress it up, a majority of Americans voted for him.  Maybe they were fed up with their political establishment ? who knows !

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me just why they "Hate" the man.  My wife "Hates" him and, despite all the waffle, hasn't been able to explain to me why..  Just wondering if this TDS thing is real, imaginary, or result of the Facebook "lemming" mentality where "leaders" decide on a course of action, and everybody else follows suit !..

#18 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

1crankymofo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9052 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 01:15 AM

Trump's net worth makes him very difficult to buy off, in stark contrast to the procession of failed lawyers and opportunists who have preceded him this last while.

Likewise, he didn't need to 'talk the talk' to ingratiate himself in to the higher echelons of political circles, who in turn would normally punt hi to the US electorate as 'ideal material'. He's been a household name since at least the 70's, all he had to do was sell himself to the voters.

The US political establishment of course hates him for both of those things, he's made them look superfluous and rather silly, and the rabble rousing from behind the scenes, that's wafted around as 'hate' ever since his election is a consequence of that. They, and the left in general have had their collective nose well and truly put out of joint.

Trump is little different, better or worse than most senior politicians. He's just a plain talker, who takes a decision, announces it, and gets on with it, as opposed to the senior political "norm" of talking muchly but saying next to nothing, dressing things up to appear what its not to make it as pretty and fluffy as possible to sell to the public, then spending forever 'justifying' what they finally do as being what they promised, when on the face of it, there's no appearance of it.

Of course many will hate him for his personality, his character, his policies, his principles, his beliefs, the list is endless, but the same is equally true for any public figure. Whatever may be justifiably said about Trump on any other subject, his style of crude 'honesty' is something that hasn't been seen in higher political circles for far too long, and is a very welcome change regardless who delivers it.

#19 Suffererof1crankymofo

Suffererof1crankymofo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 01:37 AM

Well, he certainly seemed to be capable of telling the EU how it was gonna be!  Perhaps he could give May a few tips?

#20 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2116 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:27 AM

An honest, straightforward politician ?  Remarkable..  I just wish that we had a few of them instead of the prats that just "chant the party mantra". 

Trump certainly seems to have polarised the Americans but, he has been elected by a majority to, arguably, the highest political office in the western world.  Why can't the losing side just get on with things instead of causing continual disruption ?  I'm just getting sick and tired of the barrage of abuse hurled at our television every time Trump's name is mentioned.

Well, he certainly seemed to be capable of telling the EU how it was gonna be!  Perhaps he could give May a few tips?

I don't think that May is capable of accepting "tips" from anyone.  She comes across as far to arrogant to be "told" anything.  Never liked the woman anyway.

• Suffererof1crankymofo likes this