Donald Trump (poll)

Davie P

Donald Trump  

49 members have voted

1. 1. In general, do you support Donald Trump?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

The Clintons got millions of dollars from the Russians . Why is that not a big deal ? https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

That's not quite true though. A charity headed by the Clinton's received donations from a range of non-US sources, including Russian sources. The problem was that (quote from the article you linked to):

".....Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors...."

"....American political campaigns are barred from accepting foreign donations. But foreigners may give to foundations in the United States. In the days since Mrs. Clinton announced her candidacy for president, the Clinton Foundation has announced changes meant to quell longstanding concerns about potential conflicts of interest in such donations; it has limited donations from foreign governments, with many, like Russia’s, barred from giving to all but its health care initiatives....."

Bill Clinton was also paid handsomely for a public speaking engagement in Russia (when he was no longer president) that some people claimed influenced decisions made by his wife (who was a key member of the Obama administration), but no proof was established.

^^My comments were in response to what was said previously.

Having said that, I would bet that 99% of the news services in America are free to tell what they want the people to think they know - as opposed to the BBC, that is no more than Westminster's frontman. Don't worry though, they'll deny it - regardless of the truth. 

Edited by George.

All of the US news shows apart from Fox are vehemently anti Trump and they go after him 24/7 .

There are many news shows and other sources that are broadly neutral or supportive of Trump. And reporting on a president who tries to get himself in the news 24/7 is hardly 'going after him'.

But it is a common perception which is not borne out by evidence. It is this belief that has resulted in the 'fakenews' phenomena whereby people won't accept facts as reported by the media that don't agree with their worldview. There is also much evidence to support the Hostile Media Effect, which is "the tendency for individuals with a strong preexisting attitude on an issue to perceive media coverage as biased against their side and in favor of their antagonists point of view" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostile_media_effect

So, someone who runs a conservative biased YouTube channel has spliced together lots of clips of negative reactions to Trump? What does that prove? Just have a look at the other videos in the channel your video came from to see media clips in favour of Trump. If someone supports Trump, they probably consider those videos to be neutral and factual.

I'm sure I could find compilations of the media being positive about Trump, or compilations of people being negative about other politicians if I thought it would add anything to the discussion. If you have any facts and figures to back up your media bias assertions, I'd be interested to see them.

I have no particular opinion on Trump either way, but Trump courts the media, Trump often lies and makes poor decisions (he's not alone there), Trump regularly gets caught out by the media, Trump and his supporters don't like it and cry 'fake news', 'media bias' and 'enemy of the people'

Edited by Davie P

So, someone who runs a conservative biased YouTube channel has spliced together lots of clips of negative reactions to Trump? What does that prove? Just have a look at the other videos in the channel your video came from to see media clips in favour of Trump. If someone supports Trump, they probably consider those videos to be neutral and factual.

I'm sure I could find compilations of the media being positive about Trump, or compilations of people being negative about other politicians if I thought it would add anything to the discussion. If you have any facts and figures to back up your media bias assertions, I'd be interested to see them.

I have no particular opinion on Trump either way, but Trump courts the media, Trump often lies and makes poor decisions (he's not alone there), Trump regularly gets caught out by the media, Trump and his supporters don't like it and cry 'fake news', 'media bias' and 'enemy of the people'

Here is the ''unbiased '' media in action before the election . This is why they have lost the trust of the public .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G87UXIH8Lzo&fbclid=IwAR0frDAFFixLqT9tDnziI-nphMoF_CwRfuXTBM8DKbQmmmJ6hKpMy6Fp28I

Classic Trump 'media bias' tactic: if you don't like the facts, just claim bias (or fake news, or enemy of the people, or go on the attack to divert attention)

Yesterday a Senate Intelligence Committee report provided evidence of Russian involvement in social media campaigns to "drive voting behaviour" toward Trump in the 2016 election - https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/17/senate-intelligence-research-report-russian-influence-us-election.html

Instead of commenting on the evidence, today Trump makes an evidence-free claim on Twitter that social media companies are biased against him - https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/18/trump-slams-tech-bias-1067920

Edited by Davie P