• Create Account

With your Shetlink login details, all classifieds, private messages, and invoices are now accessed through the new Njord | Market system. Please see Njord | Market FAQ for more details.

Photo

SIC by-election Nov 2019

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Davie P

Davie P

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:13 PM

I suppose we better have a thread for this!

https://www.shetland...ic-by-elections

Gary Robinson looking to make a comeback and Johan Adamson still trying to get a foot in the political door...!

#2 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

1crankymofo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9315 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 12:37 AM

I suppose we better have a thread for this!

Must we!?! Any mention of voting yet again has the majority of folk I know wishing there was a support group for folk suffering from a chronic overdose of elections, or trying to see if they can find their Prozac.

• Davie P likes this

#3 Davie P

Davie P

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:49 AM

Voter fatigue - Wikipedia

#4 Windwalker

Windwalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:54 AM

Its good to see that there are a large number of candidates. I would rather see a by-election where the public have to make their choice, as against someone gets in because no one else was interested. At least the outcome of this vote should be accepted by all, although I see there is an snp candidate, so we might have to have another vote if they dont like the outcome ;-)

Edited by Windwalker, 08 October 2019 - 06:56 AM.

• Nigel Bridgman-Elliot likes this

#5 Davie P

Davie P

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:36 AM

....so we might have to have another vote if they dont like the outcome ;-)

Luckily, we get to have regular votes if we don't like the outcome or if circumstances change. It's kinda core to democracy ;-)

#6 Nigel Bridgman-Elliot

Nigel Bridgman-Elliot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 06:34 AM

Where do they stand on things like tunnels ?

Or replacement power stations..

#7 Frances144

Frances144

The standard you walk past is the standard you accept

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4584 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 09:35 AM

Where do they stand on things like tunnels ?

they don’t stand. They crawl!

boom, boom!

#8 Urabug

Urabug

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 11:39 AM

They all seem to be rather secretive about the main political issues affecting us all ,Brexit and  Scotland Independence.

Not sure I will bother to vote if they cannot tell us where there real allegiance is, how can I decide .

The again I might have missed it.

Edited by Urabug, 05 November 2019 - 11:40 AM.

#9 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

1crankymofo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9315 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 01:57 PM

The LK candidates seem to be making a little bit of noise, and there are mostly known faces, but what's with the Central ward ones? Barely heard a thing, and a glance over the faces, with the exception of JA, has you going 'Who are they?'

Okay, I'm in neither ward, and the Central candidates are maybe well enough known in the ward they're standing in, but with only two days to polling day the rest of us would kinda like an inkling who/what we may be about to be lumbered with.

#10 Urabug

Urabug

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 02:51 PM

Very true Ghostrider ,I am in one of the wards but totally oblivious to what I'm voting for ,would like to know a bit more with regards to there feelings to Brexit and Sturgeons/Swinsons  shananigans, but they are very secretive about that..

I might just give it a miss then i cannot blame myself for any misdemeanor they might get involved in later like spending all wir money recklessly.