• Create Account

With your Shetlink login details, all classifieds, private messages, and invoices are now accessed through the new Njord | Market system. Please see Njord | Market FAQ for more details.

Photo

"Gilbert Bain is not fit for purpose"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Davie P

Davie P

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 02:02 PM

https://www.shetnews...l-mooted-again/

What do you think? Thankfully, I've rarely been so can't really comment

Edited by Davie P, 11 October 2019 - 02:03 PM.

#2 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

1crankymofo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9279 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 04:28 PM

Its a very difficult to access and very cramped site, its now a hotchpotch of conversions and extensions to the original building, which itself is 60 years old - Whether or not its unfit for purpose at the moment is maybe still open to debate, but I think its fair to say its already passed its sell by date by a chunk, and if not now, then quite soon its fitness will become increasingly and rapidly more questionable.

That said, a new building isn't going to magically fix the ails of our local NHS. What I'm seeing is a service so wrapped up in its own little bubble of procedures, policies and protocols that even routine work has been turned in to a cack handed marathon, and the vast majority of good people it employs are being frustrated and stymied by a small handful of characters who should have been strongly persuaded (forced?) to follow an alternative and very different career choice from Day 1, but have somehow managed to ingratiate and wheedle themselves in to key roles of influence and control.