• Create Account

With your Shetlink login details, all classifieds, private messages, and invoices are now accessed through the new Njord | Market system. Please see Njord | Market FAQ for more details.

Photo

Banks

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Muckle Oxters

Muckle Oxters

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:22 AM

Whit bank are folk we, and how du you rate dir service?

I hiv tae open a new account and I'm winderin whaa tae go wee

Cheers!

#2 George.

George.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1414 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:33 AM

Zopa pay more interest than any High Street bank.

#3 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2253 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:08 PM

Just keep in mind that the collective noun for a group of bankers is a "wunch".  :rofl:

Edited by Colin, 22 October 2019 - 01:08 PM.

• BigMouth likes this

#4 MuckleJoannie

MuckleJoannie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3278 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:39 PM

If you are looking at high street banks I've had good service at the Clydesdale, Santander and Bank of Scotland recently. They all seem to be very quiet nowadays so at times they are almost falling over one another to help you.

#5 Muckle Oxters

Muckle Oxters

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 07:19 PM

I’m rarely in da toon, and canna mind da last time I needed to go intae a branch. I’m winderin aboot online banks, and hopefully somethin day wid pay some interest (if interest is even a thing noo-a-days!)

#6 Wheelsup

Wheelsup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 10:27 AM

I use Moneysavingexpert.com to check bank rates. I used to be a loyal B of Scotland customer, but when they reduced my ISA to under half a percent I shifted to a Santander current  account which at that time paid 3% interest plus 1 to 3%money back on utilitites such as council tax , power , phones and paid tv.. They've reduced the interest to 1.5% but I still cant beat it anywhere else. And they're fine to go into as well although I only visit the branch about 3 times a year.