Can someone help me in the North Isles?

voicebox

I don't have a car and live on Fetlar, relying only on fetlar dial a ride and public transport which is very good but if I wanted to go to the Farmers Market on Unst on 4th December 12-2pm... is that possible?

Are there any travel whizz kids who know the interisland ferries and bus timetables like the back of their hand?

:lol: :?: :D

And who would admit it! :P

It's not just the North Isles, and not just Sundays. I once wanted to visit the farmers market in Tingwall from Lerwick. If I remember correctly, the bus would have got me there 2 hours early. Tourist information recommended sticking my thumb out, which worked beautifully. I was wearing a high-vis jacket, and the first driver who stopped thought I was police! :oops: But then he was grateful because I reminded him about the market, and he needed tatties anyway...:P

(OK, that was a few years ago, it might have improved by now...)

Well I guess you could try getting a lift from Belmont or alternatively booking a taxi to meet the ferry. That is of course if you have that bicycle to get to the ferry on Fetlar. Or maybe if several people from Fetlar were prepared to go and share a car.

Would help a bit if the farmers market was on a Saturday when you could at least get there by public transport.

Can you not get the King of Forvik to sail a boat to assist you?

You have to the 4th of December to get to The Farmers Market in Unst!

Lol!

Ha! He would take up my worthy cause by writing a letter to the Farmers Market with some clause that the market should run 'Never on a Sunday' :roll:

Although I like the boat ride too and would be happy with that offer.