Surely Dey Widna Dare ?

Lucky Jack

On my usual stroll past the alehouses and and grog shops near the harbour, I chanced to overhear the most fascinating tale which I will now relate.

At the time of the Jubilee celebrations, it appears that someone in these isles wrote to a local news publication criticising the monarchy and it's role in the present day.The article was deemed suitable for publication and appeared in that journal.

However several days later, the letter writer's home was visited by two of Lerwick's finest who embarrassingly revealed that they had been sent by higher authority. Their mission was to enquire if the writer intended to disrupt any of the forthcoming Olympic Torch relay events !!!

Now I don't know if the 'anti monarchist', or whatever the title should be, is still around or in Botany Bay, but it would be interesting to hear the whole story. Perhaps it could even be something for 'Tavish the Torch' to investigate. :?: