Is anybody missing pigeons?

There's a couple of banded pigeons that have recently joined the normal pigeons that come to my garden in Cunningsburgh for the sparrow's bird seed.

The first one started coming last Thursday.

I don't know technical terms for pigeon colouring, but I think of it as normal pigeon colouring with a kind of dark grey fair isle type pattern on it's back.

The white band at the top of it's beak is noticeably larger than the other pigeons and it has a lighter grey colour circling it's eyes.

It has a black band on it's left leg and a white and green band on it's right leg.

It's been joining the pigeons who come to my house every morning and are usually waiting for me when I come home at night.

The other one appeared for the first time this morning.

It has quite light colouring, long white tail feathers, white mottled type markings on it's head and face, with a white stripe running from the top of it's head to it's beak between it's eyes.

It has fluffy white legs, with a blue band on the left leg and a red band on the right.

They both seem less jumpy around me than the other pigeons.

Even if I knew how, I don't think that I'd be able to catch either, as even the slightest movement can make the normal pigeons take flight and these two join them.

I'm hoping the owner might read this, or you might know somebody who's missing them.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

We've spotted a ringed pigeon too, here in sandwick, in with the usual band that comes for seed.

I've noticed a lot more more 'unusually coloured' pigeons this year - a lot of darker hues, some speckly patterned ones. Interesting to recognise the same ones coming back.