Kite Surf Scotland Coming to Shetland

Kite Surf Scotland

I I all

After an amazing trip up to Shetland to work on the Folk Festival for the 4th time, i got thinking to my self and chatting with a garte friend and local Fraser Mouat.

We are making a plans to be in Shetland for 1 to 2 weeks at the beginning of September with our mobile Kitesurfing School. Our aim is to get the Shetlanders flying high, and trained safely to starting to enjoy that fantastic windy island you are all so lucky to live on.

We will be able to deliver one to one and also group lessons and will provide all the equipment needed minus the wetsuits.

We can teach from the time the sun comes up and the wind blows till the sun sets

Mike Guest

KiteSurfScotland.com :lol:

I would be interested in giving it a go.I bought the gear and flew a 7 meter kite on the football pitch a number of times.Feel ready to take to the water but would prefer to do it with somebody who knows what they are doing.Seen to many accidents on You Tube.Will spread the word as I am sure a few of my mates would be interested.Hope you make it up. cheers Paul

• 2 weeks later...

We supply all equipment except for wetsuits and charge £95 per person per day (4 hours) for classes. I also offer 1 to 1 tuition at £40 per hour. Recently we have been finding that the 1 to 1 tuition works out best.

We would start our lesson with the trainer kite to gain some essential flying skills. Then moving on to the inflatable kites we would get into the water and start with body dragging to learn how to fly the kites under power. There are a few steps that you need to master while dragging before getting a board to try.

All through the lesson there will be theory thrown in at relevant moments.... Weather, tides, risk assessment, the wind window, right of way in the water etc. will be covered.

We recommend that around 3-4 sessions is enough to safely go out kiting with other kitesurfers

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all

sorry for the long delay its been a mad summer down here.

looks like are trip will have to be next year i will be up for the Folk festival again and will hope to stay after that for a week or so and do some teaching to get stated and then make plans from there on when to come back up

looks like some mighty big waves and wind been hitting you all over the last weeks

web site is up and running have a look

www.KiteSurfScotland.com

Mike

• 4 months later...