Big Country live at Mareel 12/10/13

anorthernsoul

Klub Revolution and Oceana Promotions are delighted to announce that internationally-renowned Scottish rock band Big Country have agreed to start the 2nd part of their 2013 UK tour at Mareel in Shetland on Saturday 12th October.

Big Country formed in 1981 and went on to become one of Scotland's most succesfull bands of all time both in the UK and around the world.

The band's first 3 albums, The Crossing, Steel Town and The Seer, all shifted millions of copies and featured hit singles including Fields of Fire, In A Big Country and Look Away.

Support for the show will come from one of Shetland's biggest bands, The Revellers, who recently released their debut album, Renegades.

Tickets for Big Country + The Revellers go on sale from Shetland Box Office this Friday (14th June) at 9am.

... including Fields of Fire, In A Big Country and Look Away.

And the very nice "Wonderland" and "Chance" too. Hope they play "Porrohman." It was my favourite.

Given that Adamson is dead, I had a look to see who is replacing him nowadays. Turns out to be the old "Alarm" frontman, but to my joy I see that Derek Forbes has recently joined! How good is that, easily one of the greatest bass players ever I'd say.

Yes, Derek Forbes - ex-Simple Minds took over from Tony Butler on bass last year.

Mike Peters from The Alarm took over on lead vocals when the band reformed in 2010.

Although no one can really replace Stuart Adamson, Peters seem to have done a great job in winning over Big Country fans.

I'm sure Wonderland and all the favourites will be included in setlist along with tracks from their new critically acclaimed album The Journey.

• 5 weeks later...

Big Country + The Revellers live at Mareel in Lerwick on Saturday 12th October.

Tickets still available from Shetland Box Office at Mareel and Islesburgh, Tel. 01595 745555, www.shetlandboxoffice.org

Here's some great vintage footage of Big Country in action with former singer, the late Stuart Adamson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vuvZrdIPCM