Lost - This thread may contain spoilers!!

trout

Has anyone been following Lost?

I'm fairly hooked on it - and have been downloading the second series as fast as its been being aired on TV in the US!

Not entirely sure whats 'ginnin on like', or where the stories going to end - but one thing I'm hoping won't happen is the TV networks seeing that their onto a good thing .. spinning out the series' indefinelty by filling episodes full of pap!!

This has certainly happened before, and I notice a couple of episodes lately are becoming filled with wishy washy pap! Arrg :x

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been watching it now on a weekly-ish basis. Up to Series 2 Episode 14 as of tonight. I have to say that the second series seems more drawn out than the first. Nothing spectacular has really happened and there don't appear to have been any decent cliffhanger endings for a while.

Still watching in the hope that something spectacular happens or that they at least give away the meaning to some of it. I seem to recall reading on another website that even the producers didn't know the meaning behind the numbers yet...whether that was a ploy to confuse folk more or not I do not know.

If any of you are interested in finding out what happens in upcoming episodes then take a look at watchlost.com. It DOES contain spoilers and frame grabs from the series however so don't go there unless you want to know what happens.

Cheers,

Pooks.

Used to check out a few of the different websites - but I ended up getting fed up with reading "what could be" ideas and settled on the edge of my seat for what was going to happen next.

Now though I feel that they are potentially losing their way with the plot. The thing with these American networks is that its all to do with money. If they can squeeze another 7 series' out of it they will try!

We only have what is it, 11 more episodes left? until the end of series two ... unless from now till then they're going to hit us with some serious "OH MY LORD" tv .. ! The last few episodes I just about fell asleep - lets get some more mad smokey dinosaur action I say!!

• 1 month later...

Im up to date with Season 2 also. Last episode was by far the best one so far, but overall, it pales in comparison with Season 1. There has been more mediocre episodes than there has been good, but weirdly enough, im still addicted. I just hope the last part of the season gets better considering how great i thought the last episode was.

Yep me too ... the last episode really gave you an insight into what the hell Darma is all about. I wondered though how that facility got so mashed up in what 3 months or so? It looked like it was abandoned for years... and who is "The man" the top guy person they were going on about!?!

8O

See that dirty beggar they have stashed away ... he's eating into Locks mind! They better watch him!

Roll on the next episode ...

Best episode of the season so far.

I thought we were going to find out how Locke lost the use of his legs, thats the only bad thing I will say about the episode.

I had it pointed out to me how Henry was so similar to Kevin Spacey's character in The Usual Suspects. Just watching him in this episode made me notice that.

The map that Locke saw in the UV light was quite impressive. But I don't know if he'll be able to replicate it.

Just a couple of things I noticed in the episode...

When Locke was meeting his father at the airport, the plane that flew over had a Dharma logo on the tail.

The house that Locke was looking over just before he realised his father was still alive, was that Sayid's ladyfriend he was speaking to?

Between flashbacks and adverts for 118-118 I think I will give the 2nd series a miss. Better things to do with my life than get irritated by a series that I think could have been condensed into one good movie. But I do want to find out what an angry polar bear was doing on the island.

• 1 month later...
So the finale just aired in America. Just watched it, and all i can say is Wow. I dont want to spoil it for anybody but seriously, i am now convinced that this is the greatest television show...........ever. In my eyes anyway.

Hmmm.

I've actually been really pissed off with this series. The pace of the show is really irritating. The worst part about it is the writers have stated that they are planning 7 or 8 series meaning you know they aren't about to get rescued.

But to give it some credit, when episodes have been good...they have generally been brilliant. But you can pretty much put your mortgage on the next episode being terrible in comparison (such as the Rose and Bernard episode this season).