Anyone interested in playing blues?

theseathesea0

Hi folks,

I'm moving up to Shetland in the next few weeks, and would be interested to hear from anyone interested in playing blues and/or folk blues, acoustic/electric...anything.

I prefer stuff like early B B King, Muddy Waters, T- Bone Walker, Sonny Boy Williamson etc, and am not so keen on the likes of Stevie-Ray and Hendrix (though they are great musicians, just not my cup of tea).

On the 'folky' side - John Martyn, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Nick Drake and Sandy Denny are favourites...

Been playing electric guitar with the Son Henry band in Aberdeen for a year now, so I'm pretty keen to keep playing in one way or another, acoustic or electric.

love to hear from anyone with similar music tastes...

I'd be so up for it, but i'm only back from uni for about 3 weeks, if that.

It'll probably be the start of January that I move to Shetland, and my wife may not be best pleased if my immediate priority is to play guitar rather than all the banal stuff that goes with moving house, so I probably won't be getting into music until...February :lol:

Maybe get a jam at some point though!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, due to change in circumstances, I won't be moving to Shetland after all (at least not this year). However, If anyone on the forum's going to be in Aberdeen, the Son Henry Band's playing the Blue Lamp tomorrow, and Drummonds on the Thursday before Christmas - If anyone can make it, I'll be the strat-wielding lefty!

"I got those,

Can't get me far enough north blues,

I just can't get there,

No matter what i try to do,

An' if i ever do get there,

Lawd! I'm gonna get me a band to pay my dues!"

8)

No copyright eh? Well, If our next album's got a track called Njugle Boogie, and you experience Deja Vu at the first verse, don't blame me :lol: