Mixed Bizness with Kid Koala & Monkey Moo 4/2/06

Twerto

I know this is for Glasgow but the same as Spanky n Co i thought this wouldnt be a night to miss if your in the area ;)

http://static.flickr.com/126/320059451_3e940e9108.jpg

Mixed Bizness…

Kid Koala

Boom Monk Ben

Monkey Moo on the beatbox

Sunday 4th February 2007

10pm – 2am

The Arches

£8 advance tickets from The Arches Box Office

Stopping in on his European tour is everyone’s favourite deck technician, Kid Koala. On the road to promote his brand new album for the world famous Ninja Tune stable, ‘Your Mom’s Favourite DJ’ is Kid Koala’s third long player and goes a long way to confirm his status as one of the world’s most innovative DJs and producers in the world. He's toured with Money Mark, Radiohead, Deltron 3030, Gorillaz and Beastie Boys...he's the man. He's smaller than me too so I can feel like a real person for the day.

Monkey Moo is the beatboxer for Bristol's Aspects crew. He's one of the best ever and tore the place to shreads when he played Mixed Biz in April 2005. Rahzel et al look like total chumps compared to this guy.

• 1 month later...

I've had a few opportunities to see Kid Koala but missed him every time so hope to catch him for this gig. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a great album I never tire of listening to. I heard that he spent something like 4 years creating the album and practicing the scratching, samples and turntable trickery, and then recorded the entire album in one take - but don't know if that's true or not. He's a magician on the turntables, should be a good night :)