Glasgow broadband

peeriebryan

Calling all Shetlinkers in Glasgow

The chap who owns the flat I currently live in wants to change his broadband provider. We're with MetroNet at the moment but they're a load of nonsense (they were apparently OK to start with). We originally had unlimited up/downloads, but now we've been limited to 2GB per month, and when we exceed that, we're limited to dial-up speeds. But the most annoying thing from my point of view is that they seem to block ftp access between 7pm and midnight

The flat I was in last year had Tiscali, who cut us of for 3 weeks whilst 'upgrading' us, and I had a hell of a time trying to get back online, so I'm not interested in them

Anybody in Glasvegas care to share their thoughts

With most broadband packages it shouldn't matter where you are (to a degree) so why not ask on the wealth of knowledge held by all Shetlinkers rather than just those that are in Glasgie? :)

Plusnet here. The bandwidth is limited to an extent but off peak is pretty much clear. Just remember to schedule your downloads through the night.