Much Norwegian genes in Liverpool area

Your message is very interesting. Ironically, a festival is starting tomorrow (29th November) in Liverpool called ICE 07, to celebrate this association with the Vikings.

Check out this site : http://www.ice07.org/vikings.php

A friend of mine called Andri Snaer Magnason (a leading Icelandic writer) is coming to stay with me, whilst he is over to judge a competition at the festival. Out of interest, can you or anyone else tell me what to give Andri & his wife for breakfast ? I think I (my Missus) know what food to give them the rest of the time, but we aren't sure what Icelanders have for breakfast.

Regards,

Lastpubrunner

Your message is very interesting. Ironically, a festival is starting tomorrow (29th November) in Liverpool called ICE 07, to celebrate this association with the Vikings.

Check out this site : http://www.ice07.org/vikings.php

A friend of mine called Andri Snaer Magnason (a leading Icelandic writer) is coming to stay with me, whilst he is over to judge a competition at the festival.

That sounds very interesting. :)

Out of interest, can you or anyone else tell me what to give Andri & his wife for breakfast ? I think I (my Missus) know what food to give them the rest of the time, but we aren't sure what Icelanders have for breakfast.

Well, I can tell you what I as a Norwegian often miss when I'm in the UK; proper bread with some fibre in it.

There is much Irish and Welsh blood in Liverpool, and much viking blood in Wales and Ireland, so it makes sense.

Well, if I remember my Sagas correctly there was a Norwegian/Celtic-Norse expansion that entered England in the Liverpool area and cut south-east. The meeting with their Danish "cousins" was supposedly far from friendly.

• 3 weeks later...