Golf - Shetland Open

Rooney

If anybody is interested it is the Shetland Open this weekend 36 holes around Dale Golf course, Alan Harcus is short odds favourite for the scratch prize with Gary Wiseman, Stephen Tulloch and John Nicholson looking hot contenders for the handicap trophy.

Stick to tapping up grannies Rooney boy!

Your predictions are fairly spot on with Alan "Welshie" Harcus for the scratch trophy altho I have a sneaky suspicion that the young pretender, Jordan Leask, might make a good challenge this year. Also, if Dougie MacDonald can last the pace (he's 47 noo) then he could be the surprise package!!

Can't say I agree with your wild stabs in the dark for the handicap trophy tho!! :lol: Gary Wiseman's a spent force (dodgy wrist... say no more!) and John Nic's mind will be on the après golf!!

My money would be on Davy Kerr as I think the winner of the handicap will more than likely come from someone with a handicap of 10 or under. Such are the rigours of a 36-hole tournament!! :shock:

Think that's a bit unfair on Gary Wiseman! He surely got an excellent score last week,he has a very good chance of winning the handicap prize. Bush Crossan won't be playing as he will be south. Duncan Thompson will be a dark horse for the handicap trophy,he's been practising putting from the rough quite a lot lately!! Stuart "bubblebutt" Fox,Alan Harcus,Dougie"garandad" Macdonald are favourites for the scratch prize.

I Think wiseman's score last week was a bit of a fluke compared to the rest of his season. :shock:

Duncan Thompson is another who won't be able to concentrate for 36 holes he'll be more interested in the drink afterwards. :lol:

G. Gerrard would be in with a chance if he could finish a round for a change. :lol:

Alan Patterson could be a dark horse here if his leg holds out.

TBH can't see by Harcus for the scratch prize.

As for the handicap prize well you would have to give it to Wiseman just for the way he looks :P

As long as Gary Wiseman can deal with the weight of expectation then he may well triumph this weekend. David Kerr is my tip though, providing he leaves the yips in his locker.

Harcus is top of the form guide but don't discount Stuart Fox, though it will depend on what clubs he has at his disposal!

I doot Gary Wiseman has shot his bolt (metaphorically at least) after his good round last week, his peerie sister might be an outside bet though. The boy Allwyn from the valleys will be favourite for the scratch with the Wowsa boys no far away either. The handicap could be anybody's, some bandit like Gilfillan or Neil Hen could be a good bet if they can keep it going for two rounds.

The Wiseman bridders were oot in last night's sweep and going by their scores they have more chance o scoring we Jordan (Katie Price) this weekend than they have of winning anything at the Open. :P

Lots o good scores last night which suggest that the scratch will be hotly contested, Dai Rees had the lowest with a 70. 8)

I hear wird dat Chiz has secured da services o a highly rated caddy, no a bad golfer himself.

Said services were offered in da highly "emotional" aftermath o da Kaunus match and it remains to be seen if da caddy minds tae turn up. :wink: