Flight Prices

Don't you just hate it when you look up flights with the air discount one day then you go to book them the next day and they've gone up. ahhh

just gone to book my boyfriends flights down south, checked them a couple of days ago and it was £53 one way to come back, he had to check that it would fit in with work and his plans in aberdeen. went to book them tonight and they've tone up to £104 one way. so he's now getting the boat

FlyBe! My wife went to book flights home for Christmas last night - 89squid per person but because I was downloading torrents she couldn't get the browser to function on her laptop - I dropped my connection - she refreshes and the price had gone up to 104squid per person! This was like 5-10 minutes difference!!

On top they wanted to charge 2.99 per person per leg of journey on a credit card in one transaction! What a joke! Not even the banks charge rates like that!

That plus I'm expecting a service as good as Stelios' cattlejet! *cough*

Isn't it based on the number of seats sold. They have a certain amount of seats at £x and another group at £x. Because on the BA site there was a notice on one of the fares saying that were only three seats left at that price point.

Maybe when trout's wife was looking at flybe's site her refreshing made their system think she was a new customer with her previous attempt reserving the last remaining cheaper seats :P

A lot of the budget airlines offer ridiculously low prices which don't seem possible. If you know well in advance when you intend to travel, then you need to be online the day tickets for your flight become available in order to get the best price. A lot of the sites I've looked at in the past allow you to book flights up to three months in advance. Although I haven't tried this theory out I would imagine the key is to buy tickets exactly three months before your intended flight, as soon as the schedule has been updated.

I am specifically talking about budget airlines here; this however, does not explain flybe hiking the price up in the space of five minutes for a booking well in advance.

just remembered about a holiday i went on a few years ago. when looking into it the price was about £288, the next day it had gone up so we thought we better book it there and then. then a week or so later i checked, expexting it to be even higher but it had gone down to £238.

there was still weeks till we were due to go on holiday so it wasn't as if it had been reduced for a last minute deal

that was through flyglobspan