Cure for cancer??

Wastside87

Guest posiedon

As the video is based on a book written in 1974 by G. Edward Griffin, and nothing has come of it in 35 years, I won't waste any time watching it thanks.

his book was labeled as "quackery" by the American Cancer Society, as well as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the American Medical Association, Griffin responded that such groups had a "hidden economic and power agenda
He's just another "conspiracy" theorist.

This systematic review found no sound evidence that laetrile is effective as an anticancer agent. The claim that laetrile has anticancer effects is, therefore, not supported by data from controlled clinical trials. In a small number of reports, however, laetrile has been suggested to be of benefit to cancer patients. It should be stressed again that, in the best case series and the case reports, the denominator, i.e., the number of cases treated, is not known. Therefore these types of reports may generate a false positive overall impression.

MILAZZO, S., LEJEUNE, S. and ERNST, E., 2007. Laetrile for cancer: A systematic review of the clinical evidence. Supportive Care in Cancer, 15(6), pp. 583-595.

------------

Doesn't seem too promising.

British Scientists use Cyanide to attack cancer cells:

http://www.laetrile.com.au/otherpages/cyanidecassava.htm

I have seen on the internet that non-profit making organisations in Mexico and other countries are using B17 as part of alternative therapy for cancer patients

http://www.cancure.org/hoxsey_clinic.htm

DCA - Cancer Cure Discovered?

(10 minute news report)

In this country it is a crime to claim that you can cure a person of cancer without the proof that it works. Why do you think they are practising in Mexico. If they could control or cure cancer they would be earning billions in the USA.

It would be worth going to Europe as there cure rate is better than ours. But the best thing any of us can do is get to the doctor if you think there is something wrong.

What is it with the abunance of conspiracy theories on Shetlink of late?

It's amusing that you call it Vitamin B17 sol since it isn't considered by anyone credible to be a vitamin.

I'm not shocked you can kill cancer with cyanide either. People have died due to cyanide poisoning after taking this miracle cure.

The American Association for Cancer Research reports studies suggesting capsaicin is able to kill prostate cancer cells by causing them to undergo apoptosis.

link

Saw this about the active ingredient in Chillies being used in cancer research a while back on TV.

I did read somewhere(forgotten just now) that because of Nixons war on drugs, cancer research using canabis was halted in the US in the 70's.

That may be why there has been nothing on the subject in 35 years Posiedon.

Can't remember any names either so not sure if Griffin was one of the researchers I'm thinking of ;)[/url]

Not true Cannabis is the base of a number of drugs. research has not stopped because of its other uses. There a loads of things that will kill cancer cells but its the delivery/targeting that is harder. You also have to remember that what will damage cancer cells will probably damage normal tissue.

There's some exciting research going on. But it will not be simple like taking a vegetable extract. There are lots of quacks promising miracle cures to those that are desperate.

Not true Cannabis is the base of a number of drugs.

It is now maybe, but research only restarted in the late 1990's

But Nixon had also declared "war on drugs," with marijuana at the top of the demon-drugs list, so our government -- by far the world's largest source of medical research funding -- never pursued these remarkable findings. Research ground to a near-complete halt until the late 1990s.

link

There's some exciting research going on. But it will not be simple like taking a vegetable extract

I'm sure that's probably what they said about paracetamol too, not to mention all those other drugs that were developed from herbs...

you've got to start somewhere ;)

I was meaning the more basic use of herbs as in a lot of the alternative medical therapy. Of course modern use of herb sourced drugs are effective. If there was a basic herb based cure for cancer it would have appeared by now. Simply taking a food supplement will not cure it. The mum in law is using a yew based product. My mum a foxglove based drug.

Simply taking a food supplement will not cure it

I don't know quite how to take that comment..

It has long been noted that in Thailand, where lots of spicy food is consumed, there is very low incidence of gastrointestinal cancers, including colorectal and stomach cancers, compared to the rest of Asia, including Japan and China.

From the link I gave above on the capsaicin, maybe more of a preventative thing than a cure but all the same that's where it starts...

And remember there's a lot more herbs etc still being found so the possibilty of finding a cure however remote is still out there.

You also have to remember that what will damage cancer cells will probably damage normal tissue.
The study showed that the family of molecules to which capsaicin belongs, the vanilloids, bind to proteins in the cancer cell mitochondria to trigger apoptosis, or cell death, without harming surrounding healthy cells.

link