Bluetoothing

reesie

It looks as though bluetooth is not a standard fitting from what I can see.

If no-one has fitted one since you bought it you need a bluetooth dongle. It a device that plugs into your PCs USB port and allows communication between phone and PC.

What type of phone have you got (there may be an alternative method)?

Fantastico. Thanks Bryan. I take it that's one fo the shops opposite the shopping centre?

Will I just ask the fellow (or fellowette) in the shop how to work with the photos and hellery or is it pretty sraighforward? Bearing in mind my level of technical ability....or interset, rather!!

Aye, its on the other side of the square from the shopping centre. There's one on Great Western Road, kinda opposite the Liquid Ship and The Captain's Rest pubs

I don't know about PCs, bit it was very simple to set up on my Mac. I reckon it should be quite straight forward on your PC too. The CD that comes with it should have a wee program to send/recieve files. And it depends on what the features on your phone are. I would imagine even a very basic phone should be able to bluetooth a few photos

I don't know about PCs, bit it was very simple to set up on my Mac. I reckon it should be quite straight forward on your PC too.

Reminds me of my days in IT support.

Editor of newspaper asks my colleague, the IT Manager, if it would be difficult to move the (brand new) Dell PC to another desk.

No problem at all says my boss, "as easy as moving an electric fire".

He moves it and the PC will no longer attach to the network. He fiddles about for a bit - still no joy. He asks me in to look at it.

I swap network cables - no joy. I test all of the other cables and the switch - all OK

It's only 6 weeks old so I ring Dell tech support. They tell me to download network card drivers. They are 1.45 mb so wont go on a floppy so I have to download winzip, install it, download the drivers on another PC and span the drivers across two disks then unspan and install on broken PC. It still wont connect.

I suspect that the NIC on the motherboard is faulty and tell Dell when I next ring up. They tell me that there is a process that I have to go through.

We go through the process, me getting more determined to prove that I am right by following their every instruction.

I FDISK and re-format the drive, re-install the OS and drivers. It still wont connect to the network. They tell me that I have installed the drivers in the wrong order. I am told to re-format the drive and reload the OS and drivers. i follow their instructions. Still no joy.

Dell suggest faulty network cabling. I move the PC to a known working connection. No joy.

Dell suggest faulty network hardware. I move the PC to a different HP switch. No joy.

I take a hard drive out of an identical Dell and install it and the PC still wont connect to the network. I put what they say is a bad install on an HDD into another identical Dell and it connects perfectly.

This is now 6 weeks later and Dell agree that it could be the NIC on the motherboard :P

The techie replaces the motherboard and surprise surprise it connects to the network straight away.

Two weeks later the exact same fault occurs. This time I buy an ethernet dongle.

Two weeks later another Dell fails with the same proble. A month later another one fails. It looks like a faulty batch. i write myself a note to carry a couple of spare ethernet dongles as we have bought about 100 almost identical Dells and we are about to buy another 100.

Moving an electric fire is a hard thing to do :roll: