Newton Faulkner support band?

jambo6

Malachy Tallack was indeed supporting. And in my most humble opinion he was dire.

Now don't get me wrong he was an excellent guitarist, his melodys, licks and chords were good, I thought and verging on beautiful at times.

But as soon as he started singing and unleashing his lyrics on the crowd all positives became null and void. In how many songs can someone use 'pouring' as an adjective? Pouring rain? Pouring moon?

After his second uplifting song that had a 'girls beating heart' in it someone in our section was heard to say , not quietly either "Play a good one Malachy for funks sake".

And then he did. The two "silly" shetland country songs were brilliant, the Rollerskate one in particular. The whole set should have been like this; upbeat and making the audience smile. The lyrics were both clever and much better fun than the rest of his set.

Just wish the warm up actually did. Instead I was left cold. As cold as the pouring moon rushing quickly into a closed window.