Water in Mid Walls - Where is it?

Frances144

Well, 48 hours of no water.

Apparently another main has burst "in the Walls area" and they are looking into it.

Meanwhile my 80+ yo neighbours are dipping buckets into the burn reaching over a bridge. I hope there are no dead sheep further up contaminating it. There are some drinking water bottles delivered to our local shop 4 miles away but it has all gone before you see it.

No one seems to care or think it of any interest (apart from the weak jokes here). SIBC apparently mentioned it, though.

We are doing all we can to help based on very little information and absolutely no input from Scottish Water.

Yes, I am severely pissed off. :evil:

sorry Francis, assumed you were back on as others a short distance up the road were (at lunch time). Water over here is vile, the cat turned her nose up at it and the bairn was horrified when she went to have a bath (not trying to rub it in, she's fluey and 1st time she'd been allowed)

hope they fix it for you soon and that the horses have adequate safe drinking water.

Really feeling for the bride a short distance away fae you, not what you'd want happening afore your wedding.

When you have just had 10 days in hospital with major spinal surgery lugging buckets of water about is not quite the rehab my surgeon had in mind. Also wondering if there is a dead sheep ice-cube involvement too does not set my mind at rest.

My one luxury of the day was a shower, clean TED stockings and clean clothes or nightwear.

Being surrounded by 3 houses with occupants over 80 years too means we always help where we can too. Watching one's aged neighbour trying to collect clean water (hopefully) by throwing a bucket from a bridge on the road down to a burn and filling half a water container because that is all he could manage to carry into the house is not good.

Scottish Water came round to his house last night at 22.00 to see if his water was back on and had the nerve to argue that it was working despite turning all the taps on and watching nothing come out.

Things have been a bit rough of late.