Heating a new house

triumph2

We fitted one to our new house built two years ago. 190 sm house. put in a 5.5 kw ecodan air source pump supplied by Lesley rendall from burra. Runs the underfloor heating and hot water, our hydro bill is about £85 a month which is our only household bill. Would definitely recommend putting one in, really cheap to run and does a brilliant job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Brian Leask (i think i have name right) from Hjaltland housing spoke in reference to them at the recent renewables conference. His statement were along lines which i would agree. ie your house needs to be suitable. A modern house where the builder/designer knows from day 1 that you are going to use a heat pump then they can work very well, however retrofitting an old house without taking good advice and implementing other measures are likely to see you disappointed. The use of underfloor heating is a good example of making best use of a heat pump. But plenty of insulation in the building helps to.

I do not pretend to be an expert, get advice to see if your property is suitable, or can be made suitable before buying.

Finally I am glad to hear your pleased with your one