Freemen of the land

Sherlock

Mistress Righter,

Indeed. :( I rather wish it did not become so personalized, though. There is no need to attack, insult and denigrate one another in a rational discourse. Should we not all be "friends" here? I would urge those invloved to take a deep breath, step back and consider their words wisely. Insults never once, to my knowledge, resolved a quarrel. Although, I did hear a fellow tell once how the arrow that slew Harold, at Hastings, had "cochon" inscribed thereon... Would this count? :wink:

Not that I am advocating a re-enactment, obviously! :shock:

In all seriousness, though, please, let all of us extend a little courtesy to those whom we address herein? Please? :)

Your humble servant.

... the same way in which I refer to every individual whom I address herein (i.e. either Master or Mistress).

At my most puerile I can't help wishing I'd chosen a user name ending in the surname "Bates" just to chuckle at the resulting construction :wink: . Incidentally, despite being "well known," the Captain Pugwash aspect of that is pure myth.

Pugwash, as a pirate, was truly a Free Man...surely?

(Yes, I know he is just a cartoon character and never existed but I'm referring to the C17th and C18th 'Pirate' way of life.)

Ha haaaar....