Commission on Rural Education: Public mtg

ShetlandYouth

Public Meeting on Tuesday 13 March at 19.00

Sound Primary School, Sound, Lerwick, Shetland

The Commission on the Delivery of Rural Education, chaired by Sheriff David Sutherland, is tasked with examining how education in rural areas is working for local people and how this links to rural community life.

The Commission are holding a public meeting in Shetland and would like to hear from all the people who have been or may be affected by these issues. There will be the opportunity to hear from Commission Members and to ask any questions you may have.

Please come along and meet with us. If you need more information about the venue, please call: Annie Nicolson, Children’s Services on 01595 744053.

The Commission on the Delivery of Rural Education, chaired by Sheriff David Sutherland, is tasked with examining how education in rural areas is working for local people and how this links to rural community life.

There are those who might want to point out to the Commission that they do not consider Lerwick to be a rural area........if only they were able to get home from meetings held in Lerwick in the evenings.

I heard at the Aith PC meeting last night, that the Rural Commission, as part of their visit are going to at least one school in Northern Isles (Burravoe), Northmavine and Sandwick (JH), so I guess they are trying to get some understanding of what 'rural' is to us... although I'd suggest to them that Aith is properly rural, rather than the Junior High just of the main road to the airport...

I got a flyer about this earlier in the week. Would love to go however, there is no way I can get to this meeting and then get back home afterwards.

Such a shame and really annoying that all these types of things aren't really accessible to the community they are supposed to be serving.

I shall be contacting the organisers to express my concern about this.