Sponsored Walk - 'Walk a mile in someone else's shoes'

Angel

I'm not sure if this is where I should post this... be hey you don't get if you don't ask!

I've organised a sponsored walk on Saturday August 31st, taking place at the Clickimin Race Track in Lerwick.

It's called 'walk a mile in Someone else's shoes', it's a mile walk (4 laps of the track) wearing someone else's shoes. Could be your Granny's slippers, Brothers Wellies, Sisters Flip flops... the opportunities are endless! You can wear anything except heels or studs that'd damage the track.

The walk is to raise money for the Archie Foundation Aberdeen and the Sick Kids Friends Foundation Edinburgh. I've organised this event as I like to do something every year for these charities around my sons Birthday, because I really owe his life to them. We live in Shetland but since he was born have travelled frequently to these hospital for operations and procedures for him. Without these charities and hospitals I'm not sure where we'd be. The event is taking place on my sons 6th Birthday, he is having a couple of operations just before it, but he still wants to take part. So I will be pushing him the mile in his wheelchair, which he wants decorated as a boat!

If you would like to take part or would like more info, please visit

http://www.walkamileshetland.webs.com ,

please download the registration form and email it back to the address on the page, and pay the £5 registration fee. Then we'll send you your sponsor forms and you can get fundraising!! Everyone will get a special tshirt on the day of the event, for the event, which my son has designed and drawn :D

Hope to see as many people there as possible!! As they are 2 great causes who support many families and sick children in Shetland.