Ten Tonne Dozer (not) at Flints tonight

BigMick

We (Ten Tonne Dozer) were booked in to play Flints today (26/10/06), however this was cancelled at short notice by Flints themselves. We were told this on Tuesday, two days before the gig, meaning that we'd already wasted money on advertising and merchandise for the gig.

The reason that was given was that Ten Tonne Dozer and Mongolian Death Grip were too heavy for the flints audience. Bacchus, who were also on the list, are OK though and will be playing the gig tonight. I wish them all the best.

Seemingly we play "extreme thrash metal" - their words, not mine. This leaves me a little bewildered. Yes, we play loud and raucous heavy metal, but I can't think of a single song that is "thrash". When questioned as to why they'd left it until the last minuite to cancel, they said that they didn't know we were on the bill to play. Rubbish. They've been called a few times by Dave (our singer) to ensure that the gig was still on and hadn't been double booked - as has happened in the past.

To be honest, this seems like a completely arbitrary decision by flints. Ten Tonne Dozer have played there in the past, and there's been no problem with those gigs. In 2000, Bitumen River were banned from playing flints, for being too heavy. I'm glad to say that they are now back on the acceptable list. Moder Dy, Beasthead and other bands in the same genre are also acceptable. So why cancel our gig? Very strange, and frustrating behaviour.

An explanation that makes sense would have been nice.

--

BigMick

We (Ten Tonne Dozer) were booked in to play Flints today (26/10/06), however this was cancelled at short notice by Flints themselves. We were told this on Tuesday, two days before the gig, meaning that we'd already wasted money on advertising and merchandise for the gig.

The reason that was given was that Ten Tonne Dozer and Mongolian Death Grip were too heavy for the flints audience. Bacchus, who were also on the list, are OK though and will be playing the gig tonight. I wish them all the best.

Seemingly we play "extreme thrash metal" - their words, not mine. This leaves me a little bewildered. Yes, we play loud and raucous heavy metal, but I can't think of a single song that is "thrash". When questioned as to why they'd left it until the last minuite to cancel, they said that they didn't know we were on the bill to play. Rubbish. They've been called a few times by Dave (our singer) to ensure that the gig was still on and hadn't been double booked - as has happened in the past.

To be honest, this seems like a completely arbitrary decision by flints. Ten Tonne Dozer have played there in the past, and there's been no problem with those gigs. In 2000, Bitumen River were banned from playing flints, for being too heavy. I'm glad to say that they are now back on the acceptable list. Moder Dy, Beasthead and other bands in the same genre are also acceptable. So why cancel our gig? Very strange, and frustrating behaviour.

An explanation that makes sense would have been nice.

--

BigMick

Och I will be up there soon.. I am looking forward to checking out all the gigs... its going to be rather interesting... lol..

:twisted:

I want to clear something up here.

I heard tonight that large group of guys from Scalloway were planning to come to the gig on Thursday. They heard that the gig had been cancelled and phoned flints to find out what had happened. They were told by a member of staff that we'd cancelled the gig as we hadn't practiced enough! Believe me, we are well practiced and were completely ready for the gig.

This is outrageous. First they cancel the gig at short notice and then they start telling downright lies to people to try to justify their reasons. Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on with the management in flints?

--

BigMick