Anbody had a problem with the Air Discount Scheme?

Rasmie

I spoke to the ADs administrator, after getting a new letter saying i could only book dependents under 16 y.o on my card-- not my wife.

:oops: I and most of my friends have been booking online and including da wife and have now been chastised for doing so! :evil: Checked it oot and it appears they are technically correct - my wife should book herself - good news for my credit card :) maybe but makes it awkward for co-ordinating the annual hols. Using a travel agent agent or phoning BA is Ok but they charge an extra fee! seems to discriminate against family bookings! :(

anyone else experiencing similar or other probs?

Folk have been getting these letters, me included. The website lets (or did let, last time I tried) you book others using your ADS card.

Its their problem - not yours, as its an advantage to book family or friends using one card/booking. This guarantees you all get on a flight rather than doing bookings for each person with their own ADS number. The danger with that is that some of you get cheap seats, but the last one to book may find that there are no cheap seats left.

The problem is easily corrected if the website asked for each persons name and ADS number. Perhaps it does now.

Do as I did, write back explaining the problem and copy your letter to Tavish.

Dear jps. to qualify for the air discount scheme your main residence has to on one of the island groups (Shetland, Orkney, Western isles etc)

if you are thereby qualified call 0800 032 2890 and request an air discount card. this gives you 40% of the fare part of the price, but not the airport tax but. still a worthwhile saving.

I have e-mailed Tavish and he has replied saying he has brought it up with the scheme administrator.