Climb Shetland's Everest Challenge!

annakyn

Hi all,

Just thought this would be a good place to mention our charity and fundraising event tomorrow. You may have read about it in the paper already, but we're attemptng to climb the height of Everest (8850m) at the clickimin indoor wall. We're climbing from 10am until around 7pm.

We have decided to have the event as an open day so anyone can come and give it a go, and help us reach our target. Its a way of trying out climbing safely without having to wait for a space on the induction courses. Just turn up if you want a go, and a small donation would be nice too!

More info is avalable at www.climbshetland.co.uk

Sorry for my late reply. Yeah it did mean that anyone could go. We were originally only allowing inducted people, but then changed it. Obviously I didnt update everything!

We managed it anyway, completing it well within time, and had 35 climbers at one point! There will be an article in the ST in a week or so I think. It was a really big success and great fun!