Archos 604 wifi

Muppet

Anyone got one of these or had any experience of them?

http://www.archos.com/products/video/archos_604wifi/index.html?country=gb&lang=en

I'm toying with the idea of getting one. Probably an expensive toy, but could be useful for travelling. A few dvd's for those boring boat/train/plane journeys. wireless internet access without having to lug a laptop about.

Be interested to hear anyones views on them, particularly sound quality(I believe they improved it from the original), picture quality, web browsing capabilities etc.

One of my old workmates had one of the 404's I believe - he swore by the thing! He also had one of the first ones that came out - I forget the id number of it.

He uses it as a portable storage device / portable movie player / recording-playing device.

The beauty of it is you can hook it to your TV and use it as a recording/playing device. It'll record the encrypted movies from cable/satellite - you know the ones that flag up "You can't record this" messages on your run-of-the-mill PVR / DVD / VCR recording devices. (the older ones did do that)