Any shetlanders in Dubai?

Dubai has an excellent nightlife with plenty of bars and night clubs. I have a well stocked drinks cabinet in the house and Friday afternoon (The holy day here) is a brilliant day out as they have all day buffets with unlimited food and alcohol for a price ranging from about a tenner tae 60 quid (depends how fancy you want tae be).

It is not unusual to see a sheikh with all his gear on sitting in some Irish pub having a pint and smoking a fag.

so come and have a dram and see for yourselves.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
Dubai has an excellent nightlife with plenty of bars and night clubs. I have a well stocked drinks cabinet in the house and Friday afternoon (The holy day here) is a brilliant day out as they have all day buffets with unlimited food and alcohol for a price ranging from about a tenner tae 60 quid (depends how fancy you want tae be).

It is not unusual to see a sheikh with all his gear on sitting in some Irish pub having a pint and smoking a fag.

so come and have a dram and see for yourselves.

I'm well aware of British regionalisms and terms. But for those who understand American humor, you'll be aware how much i laughed at the bolded parts of your post!

As to the main topic, Alcohol is available all over the arab-world. it's only illegal for natives. (not illegal for tourists & expats). You can get a beer or a glass of wine in Cairo or Alexandria. not that many would glare you down.