Lofoten Islands in Norway

daveh

Has anyone here been to the Lofoten Islands in Norway?

There is an article in the Press and Journal today and the place sounds lovely. I recall seeing a programme on the telly when Joanna Lumley went there in search of the Northern lights and it looked a beautiful place to visit. I would imagine it is bloody expensive, though.

:oops: Have to admit that I've really not been there...when I was nine I was up in the area,, my mother is born there, and me and her visited her birthplace and some relatives,,but I don't remember so much about it.

It is one of the most beautiful and wild areas of Norway, I ofcourse rate west Norway as the best, :lol: , but it is a good number two :wink:

Here's a link : http://www.lofoten.info/?gclid=CLzC6pDhhJgCFc0e3godGk8hCw

Hope you find it useful !

Cheers, Oddrun

Guest Anonymous

On that link Oddie posted, if you first select the English version (top left), then select Lofoten 360 in the right side panel, you'll see some excellent 360 degree panoroma pictures.

Well worth a look.

:D

In fact, as an afterthought, if anybody here is connected with Visit Shetland. That Lofoten website is IMHO the best example of how to promote a place, might be worth copying the idea. :wink: