Ex sports Manager

Jonesy

The Sh*tland T*mes need to have a good look at themselves when it comes to local journalism. The case in question was about a guy who was portrayed to be highly involved in the local sports scene who was convicted of serious drug offences. His association with sport in these Islands are ill-informed and totally absurd.

Mr Riach was a member of the Fraser Peterson sport centre management commitee which organised social events in the centres bar facilities, a glorified bingo caller, karaoke singer and tombolla kind of a bloke. Absoloutly nothing to do with the sporting side of the centre which he is portrayed , in the local rag.

The S*tland T*mes has grabbed the the wrong end of the stick on this occassion and turned this story on it's head by alleging that Mr Riach was combining his drug dealling with the local sport scene. I am quite frankly appalled by the level of journalism by this so called newspaper.

I am also appalled that Mr Riach only got 6 years...............

The Sh*tland T*mes need to have a good look at themselves when it comes to local journalism. The case in question was about a guy who was portrayed to be highly involved in the local sports scene who was convicted of serious drug offences. His association with sport in these Islands are ill-informed and totally absurd.

Mr Riach was a member of the Fraser Peterson sport centre management commitee which organised social events in the centres bar facilities, a glorified bingo caller, karaoke singer and tombolla kind of a bloke. Absoloutly nothing to do with the sporting side of the centre which he is portrayed , in the local rag.

The S*tland T*mes has grabbed the the wrong end of the stick on this occassion and turned this story on it's head by alleging that Mr Riach was combining his drug dealling with the local sport scene. I am quite frankly appalled by the level of journalism by this so called newspaper.

I am also appalled that Mr Riach only got 6 years...............

AGREED :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Guest Anonymous

he will probably be out in three, serve two in a proper prison, the last year in an open prison and then when he gets out sue the govenment for making him have to sharn in a bucket and use coarse toilet paper.

There is also a more important point here.

According to the story he was acting as a courier, so why didn't the police watch him make the delivery and catch the guys who had sent him to pick up the drugs.

I would have thought that it would have been standard operational procedure to do this.

Guest Anonymous

yes you are right, the flippant remark I made earlier was only to point out that the criminal and justice system poses no real detterent to individuals who are keen to enter the trade of illicit substances.

the reason the sentences are so short even for significant seizures are because there is a massive backlog of dealers through out scotland who have been caught and are awaiting there turn to go through the detainment process. even with the ever increasing amount of people & drugs caught it is probably still only the very tip of the iceberg that is detected

the war on drugs as it stands is really just a costly exercise in futility.

the phrase" farting against thunder" springs to mind.