HELP! Yaris bonnet release catch broken!

Frances144

Does anyone know how to release the bonnet of a Yaris without using the cable as it appears to be defunct.

Is there some alternative method, apart from an angle grinder?

If so, please pm me a method. Do not reply to this thread as it may be giving out information some should not have!

Many thanks - appreciated.

Thanks - I saw that and read

You can get the bonnet open without the cable but as said above - a public forum prob not the best place for me to say how which is why I asked for pm's.

Anyway still failing. Tried with molegrips and failed.

Any other thoughts.

Frances

I don't have any experience of a Yaris, but looking at whats there with the bonnet open, there's no obvious easy way of getting to the catch. Depending on model there's at least two different designs of catch which doesn't help any, and both are sandwiched between the top of the radiator and bonnet making coming in from underneath with what other garbage is crammed in around there look pretty much like a multiple skinned knuckle/more cursing exercise, probably for little gain.

I would suspect your realistic options are get hold of a mechanic with Yaris experience and if necessary specific tools, or accept bodywork surgery/sacrifice as inevitable.