Sky HD

2lb_saucermeat

Hi , I ordered my HD in March and got the same 3 month wait time , it was just fitted last week so the wait time is obviously nonsense , the difference is worth waiting for though , it's a stunning picture. Hope this helps .

PS I gather Sky were having big problems with the HD boxes so I don't think it's a local issue , more of a Sky issue

Yeah, I think I heard something about a whole load them failing (the older ones, that they don't make anymore). So Sky are trying to replenish their stocks.

I'd call them and see what's going on. Explain where you live and how it's annoying. Stupid thing is, all they would need to do is post the thing. But noooo... :roll:

I did phone them, straight after their 'regular updates'. Same old rubbish.

I also received a letter through the post saying that I was ready to be connected straight away, however when I phoned them, spend a long time on a premium rate number, because they didn't know why this letter was sent.

Very annoying, I just wish there was competition against them. (I know there is Freeview, but I can't receive that - yet)

I got Sky HD 3 weeks ago. I only had to wait 4 weeks for mine! Just get on the phone, rant and make a general nuisance of yourself and tell them that you will cancel your subscription and go freesat instead! I did that and ended up getting Sky broadband for £10 a month and they waved the £30 connection fee.

Thats not the way I normally do things but the likes of Sky and Vodafone take the piss with all their charges etc so why not try and get what you can out of them. Thats only my opinion by the way!

ps I also got a month free subscription aswell.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
I did phone them, straight after their 'regular updates'. Same old rubbish.

I also received a letter through the post saying that I was ready to be connected straight away, however when I phoned them, spend a long time on a premium rate number, because they didn't know why this letter was sent.

Very annoying, I just wish there was competition against them. (I know there is Freeview, but I can't receive that - yet)

read a book