Easter Monday Bus dilemma

Having booked the car in at Jims in Lerwick for Monday morning, I have just realised there is no bus running to get me home again.

Would anyone be heading out on the North Road tomorrow morning? Car booked for 9.30 so I will be heading out of town again about 10 am.

Any chance of a lift through to Brae or towards Toft????? Please!

As far as I am aware the buses run as normal on Bank Holidays nowadays (except Christmas and New Year) and I haven't seen or read anything anywhere to make me think tomorrow is any different so there will be a bus leaving Lerwick at 11.30am going through Brae to Toft. Have you seen something Landrover to make you think there's no buses tomorrow? - I am worrying now too as I have 2 appointments in Lerwick tomorrow and I depend on the bus!

@hermie10

I looked on the shetland.gov.uk website and then the Zettrans link:

http://www.zettrans.org.uk/bus/transportdirectory09.pdf

Bottom of page 3 says "In general bus and air services do not operate on public holidays. Please contact the operattor of the service for clarification".

@Longdog

I'll probably end up doing that and throwing fuel money in

Well we just picked up some foreign students hitching their way from Lerwick to the well known shetland village of Eshaness, one in shorts! A skirt really would be challenging in this weather hermie :lol:

We persuaded them that Eshaness isn't a village but a lovely light house and cliffs, no shelter or cafe or toilets LOL!Left them at the cafe at Breiwick where we were going to wait for thier other friends we'd passed near Mavis Grind!

I remember when I was that daft :lol:

hope they had something warm on. they realy dont get the idea how far north we are. how were they going to get back thats a long walk in bad weather.

Well I don't think they did, especially not the shorts. No packs with anything either. Atleast they were left at the cafe. No way we could take 6 back. They seemed obliviosly happy...