Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

I dont know about Shetland but there are hundreds of CKC puppies on epupz. It is a really good website to find puppies. To the best of my knowledge you really have to go for a trip South on the boat and bring them back yourself, which you would really want to do anyway so you can check out the breeder properly.

We met a breeder "half way" in Edinburgh once and he conveniently forgot to bring the promised pedigree papers and said he would post them on, this was for a pair of pomeranians who grew up to be spitz and not poms.

Yes. I would definately want to see the pup myself before buying, and also parents if possible. But I don't like the idea of putting a young pup in the kennels on the boat. Did you put your puppies in the kennels? How did they cope with the boat trip up? Also wondered if there was any minimum age for bringing a puppy on the boat, I know there is for flying.

yes they were in the kennels, but they were brother and sister and had eachother so I think they were ok. I'm pretty sure we were allowed to go in and take them out every now and then for a quick cuddle, they were 8 weeks old when we got them, 6 years now though so rules might have changed a bit. You should try speaking to Northlink about it....you could always request a cabin close to the kennel door and sneak them through in your handbag, I'm sure no one would notice, hehe

Yes I think I would be tempted to do that. A friend of mine sneaked her puppy in her bag as she could not bear the thought of putting them in the kennel.

I will also get in touch with Northlink and check on procedures - I wouldn't want to get barred from using the boat, for breaking rules!

My last dog ( a border collie ) died just over a year ago, aged 16 and although I said I would not get another dog, I find myself wanting another canine companion more and more each day.

If you are travelling with the puppy, it is just a £10 charge. You need to phone to check there is space on the flight as Loganair can only carry 1 pet at a time. The puppy needs to be over 12 weeks old to fly, and needs a rigid box to travel in. To check if there is space and to book your pet on, you need to call 01496 302022. Have the measurements of the travelling box available, as you will need to give these. Further info can be found here

http://www.loganair.co.uk/service-info/flybe/baggage#baggage-pets

Hope you find this helpful and best of luck with your search :D

A plea to anyone buying a puppy from Mainland UK- be aware that there are many unscrupulous people about who import puppies from puppy farms in Ireland & try to pass them off as locally bred. Would advise a healthy dose of scepticism if you're offered a "bargain" puppy with no papers, and don't support this inhumane trade. Responsible breeders will be quite happy to have their credentials checked out and to show you the puppy's parents. Ask whether they've been wormed, and puppies travelling in the kennels on the boat should have at least their first vaccinations in advance.

Guest Anonymous

personally , no that am after a dog , but rather as all the complications and politics , lookin for a particular dog , are the dog homes no as good a bet as anything ? , as a "by the way" is it not a fairly well known fact peerie dogs sometimes trot along at fast walking speed on 3 legs ?? and also a fairly well known fact its not right to keep peerie dogs locked up for prolonged periods ??