Adrian Flux

Guest Raven007

Guest Raven007

Hello back in June i took out my bike insurance with adrian flux it was the best price and i assumed that i could cancel whenever i wanted , i paid the premium monthly, i would now like to canel the policy due to winter setting in and ive got a lot on so the bike will be staying put, but after phoning them today i was informed that if i wanted to cancel i would have to pay the rest of the insurance premium , surley this cant be right ?

Guest CyprusPluto

Pretty complex answer this as it depends on how much you've paid, whether you've had a claim and of course there'll be a cancellation fee.

Check out their cancellation policy on their website

http://www.adrianflux.co.uk/faqs/6/

If that doesn't help, call them. You may and probably will, owe them some money if you're paying in equal 12ths for an annual policy, but unless you've claimed or got a claim pending, it shouldn't be the full balance of the policy's annual charge.

When I came to Shetland my insurers wouldn't continue my policy in Shetland as they said it was a high risk :shock: (I came from the suburbs of a large city) and told me I owed them £55 cancellation fee. I argued I'm not cancelling, you are. They wouldn't budge, so I phoned complaints (a British call centre) and got a full refund. One phone call saved me £55.

Of course you could just cancel whatever payment method you're using to pay them, and then ignore their angry letters and threats. Chances are unless the sum involved is all the greater they won't bother pursuing it very far. Downside is they'd probably never ever insure again in the future.

Depends how thick your skin is and if you want to be welcomed back with open arms or not.

^^^yep...and...

Of course you could just cancel whatever payment method you're using to pay them, and then ignore their angry letters and threats.

...ususally there is a caveat in most policies along the lines of 'have you ever been refused insurance or had a policy cancelled?' which means come to claim time you get nothing if they find out about cancelling payments (and therefore the company cancels the policy) to a previous company.

Remember, the insurance companies' job is to not pay out money. They'll take your premiums but will absolutely use something like that to not pay out when needed.

When I came to Shetland my insurers wouldn't continue my policy in Shetland as they said it was a high risk :shock:

High risk because it costs them a fortune if they have to investigate a claim. In a large city then they will have somebody they can call on to check it out. In Shetland it costs them an arm and a leg to pursue it.