Sherlock Holmes

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, Master Pick, another puckish young scamp, eh? And yet, sir, manners would, perforce, require me to address such a person in the same manner as I afford to each and all of you (Master Mikeyboy aside, owing to a specific request on his part). Ah, me, the vagaries of etiquette! :roll:

Your humble servant :)

Guest Anonymous

^^ A question Mr Sherlock.

Do you believe yourself to be the actual Sherlock Holmes?

You are a somewhat 'complex' character if so... A bizarre character if not.

It could be a rather blinkered view of mine but I find it rather absurd that a learned fellow of your stature should find recreation in a Shetlink Forum.

I hope you'll forgive my insolence should I have miscalculated the encounter.

Your noisy neighbour.

My dear fellow,

Holmes is a work of fiction. How then, could I believe myself to be the actual Holmes? Please, indulge me one moment, the nurse is here with my nightly Lithium... no, the straps are fine, thank you, nurse, but can you ask Napoleon to keep the noise down? Wibble!

No, sir, I do not. :roll:

In all seriousness, I first posted here in order to provide information and, therefore, balance, to discussions herein relating to my profession. There were, at times, blinkered, misinformed or - in at least one instance - outright mistruths being posted herein, propounded as fact. My intention was to counter such posts with reasoned responses, which might allow others to

judge for themselves, and hopefully inform and illuminate, in doing so. I

chose to do do using this nom de plume as the wholly fictional character has long been an inspiration to me, and I appreciate the use of structured and correct English, in its form. It also, occasionally, provides amusement to myself and others herein.

I take it that you are not amongst those perceptive, enlightened and discriminating individuals? :wink:

I hope that others, herein, continue to enjoy my posts and, from messages received - both in posts and PMs - it appears that, for the most part, this is the case.

That I DO now enjoy posting and debating with others herein, is a fortunate happenstance. I shall continue to do so, and shall continue to adopt this form. If this irritates you, sir, I shall make no apology, nor alter or temper my use of prose. I hope this is not the case? :)

Your humble servant.

My dear fellow,

Holmes is a work of fiction. How then, could I believe myself to be the actual Holmes? Please, indulge me one moment, the nurse is here with my nightly Lithium...

Holmes – fur da Loard’s mercy whet smokin yon floor seeds an gie wis a skyinbow o Tammies :D