Blues Podcast

Hambone

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hambone's Blues Rumshack number two

This week music featured by Boo Boo Davis, Michael "Hawkeye" Herman, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Bluebelly and the Groovecats.

Come along and have a listen

Hambone

I came, I listened, I enjoyed!.........the music from the rumshack is way better than most of the tunes played on local radio to listeners in wonderful down town Lerwick. Might even get me buying cds.......and digging out what blues cds I already have.......thanks.

This week featuring previews of the Stromness Blues Bonanza in Orkney, the Aberdeen Blues Festival and a Norwegian Blues cruise all on the weekend o the 22 October.

Tracks from Rory Gallagher, Fabulous Thunderbirds, Mama's Brand New Bag, Blues on Tap, Mr Spider plus more.

Hope that you enjoy it.

Good stuff Hambone

Rory Gallagher is the man! When I played with Bongshang, we had the privilege of being his support band for a couple of gigs in France shortly before he died. An astoundingly good guitarist and showman. He certainly liked a backstage 'refreshment' which unfortunately led to his untimely death after an unsuccessful liver transplant.

I saw Clapton at the SECC not long ago, and he was dire in comparison

His website is worth a look - http://www.rorygallagher.com

Rory's original bassist, Gerry McAvoy, was up here with Nine Below Zero not long ago

Rory Gallagher is one of the greats in my opinion.

Like yourself Peerie Bryan I was lucky enough to see him play in Edinburgh in '85 at the Usher Hall with Jack Bruce, Ian Stewart, Charlie Watts and the Charlie Watts Big Band horns. Excellant gig apart from a drunk John Martyn trying to join in and pulling out Rory Gallagher's guitar lead.

Don't quite remember if he was lead away or someone stuck the heid on him which was a shame as he played quite a good set earlier on in the night.