Irritating TV adverts

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't think of a current advert that irritates me, how tolerant am I?

:o

Very,very,very,very,very.......

Freakin cars - men buyin em an women singin about them as if they were Important

:o

You've obviously never found your Auto-soul mate :wink:

Anyway, talking of cars......"I see you baby, shaking that ass!" AAArrgghh Just when i thought it was mercifully gone forever, they've resurrected it! Nooooo! And they are humourlessly mocking themselves :cry: take it away please :cry:

Or revamp it..."I see you baby, shaking those headlamps....." :wink:

AAArrgghh Just when i thought it was mercifully gone forever, they've resurrected it! Nooooo! And they are humourlessly mocking themselves

Remember "I Feel Like Chicken Tonight". That's in the same boat. The original adverts were so poor that the next batch were a self parody. A bit like someone going head over moomin on the street then pretending they did to be funny

thats elephant.co.uk elephant.co.uk visit elephant.co.uk at elephant.co.uk thats elephant.co.uk at elephant.co.uk thats elephant.co.uk so visit elephant.co.uk thats elephant.co.uk at elephant.co.uk visit elephant.co.uk thats elephant.co.uk elephant.co.uk thats elephant.co.uk at elephant.co.uk thats elephant.co.uk at elephant.co.uk thats elephant.co.uk so visit elephant.co.uk thats elephant.co.uk at elephant.co.uk visit elephant.co.uk thats elephant.co.uk elephant.co.uk thats elephant.co.uk at elephant.co.uk thats elephant.co.uk at elephant.co.uk thats elephant.co.uk so visit elephant.co.uk thats elephant.co.uk at elephant.co.uk visit elephant.co.uk thats elephant.co.uk elephant.co.uk thats elephant.co.uk at elephant.co.uk thats elephant.co.uk at elephant.co.uk thats elephant.co.uk so visit elephant.co.uk thats elephant.co.uk at elephant.co.uk visit elephant.co.uk. I could go on

I am 100% in agreement with you. Even more so as I had a policy with this bunch of hopeless pilticks... (cheapest quote, don't ask). To cut a long story short, a Norwegian driver decided to drive on the wrong side of the road and hit my car practically head-on. The insurance claim dragged on for a few months before I phoned yet again to find out what was happening. They told me that the other driver hadn't replied to their letters and that it would be coming off MY insurance and I would lose MY no claims. As can be expected I was pissed off and told them to give me his insurance company's details and I would contact them myself. Turned out he was insured through the NFU for the UK side of things. The nice lady at the NFU phoned my insurance company and then phoned me back (something Elephant has never done although promising to do so). This got things moving ahead, albeit slowly. It has now been nearly 7 months and still no sign of it coming to an end. One 18-month old car written off and not an ounce of help from Elephant.co.f**king.UK

Avoid like the plague. If any of you have a policy with them I strongly urge you to reconsider.

It's a classic "Is it me?" scenario, but i can't bring myself to even call them(Elephant & Admiral) for a quote because their adverts are so annoying. They would need to valet my car weekly or something before i could bring myself to even talk to them!

I used to use Norwich union, but even "Quote me happy" has got my hackles up sufficiently to wipe them off the christmas card list.

(got a good deal fae the post office though, beat direct line!)

that one for smints (i think) where they say 'chewing is unsightly...' with a guy looking like he has a dislocated jaw and a mouth full of gobstoppers trying to do a jamie oliver impression and about to overdose on mouth anaesthetic.

don't chew anything whatever the {'f' it was funny in Father Ted 'eck'} you do, you'll look hideous...

"Are youuuuuuu CONFUSED about what INSURANCE to gett?", "Try CONFUSED.COM"......"THAT'S CONFUSED.COM".

Why is it all the insurance adverts that are getting on my tits? Time to get a push bike I think.

On another note, as has been discussed in another thread recently, is it any wonder these young kids are going ballistic and whacking folk about? Growing up with this sharn being drummed into them would be enough for anybody to go of the rails.

There is a campaign HERE which aims to stop loan/debt advertising on childrens television, I suggest you all go and sign it now. For any of you who have kids then you will realise that this is the prime area of advertising for these gits. They are targeting the parents who are home through the day. The ones who more than likely have money worries and are out of work. The more serious side to this however is the fact that it affects the kids as well. They are getting it drummed into them from an early age that it is OK to borrow and live a life of debt.

Cheers,

Pooks.