World of Warcraft

guybrush

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are we all thinking of Northrend then? I am loving it, but I had rubbish gear when I went there, having only just recaching70 a week or so ago! I'm a warrior, so I respeced from tank to dps to make levelling easier, so have replaced most of my gear! Loving the Borean Tundra, think it's my favourite are to date. Also loving the DK's, although I cannot believe there are level 80's already! :?

im still crying as my ISP have yet to reconnect me after i moved house.. I know bad timing.. but hopefully by this weekend..

but It appears blizzard set the setting to easy mode. :?

Kel'thuzad, Sartharion, and Malygos world first kill by TwentyFifthNovember

You might remember this news from a few days ago, most of the members from the top PvE guilds Nihilum and SK-Gaming merged in a single guild temporarily called TwentyFifthNovember.

The question is, how much time will it take to see them getting world first kills on raid bosses ? Easy, about 65 Hours and 30 minutes. Wrath of the Lich King was activated on european servers at 22:00 CEST and TwentyFifthNovember killed Kel'thuzad today at 15:30 CEST, and they also killed Sartharion the Onyx Guardian before that. Only Malygos was left and he just died at 18:45 CEST.

Yes we're talking about 25 man raid instances, it took them less than 3 days (68 Hours and 30 minutes) to get enough people to build a decent raid and down these bosses, it looks like the competition won't be easy in the future. It also means that they already cleared all the PvE content in Wrath of the Lich King and will have to wait for the next content patch 3.1 to have a chance to explore the Ulduar Raid instance.

Below is a small statement from their site.

We are proud to declare that all WOTLK PVE raid content has now been cleared. This is both a moment of triumph and a cause for concern. The question in all our minds right now is if we could do this, how soon until the rest of the top guilds in the world clear all the raid content that WOTLK has to offer? Did Blizzard miscalculated in the tuning of these encounters? Or is this Blizzard folding under the weight of a large casual player base that demands to be on equal footing with end-game raiders?

Malygos down…

In comparision my guild only has 4 lvl 80s so far :?

Bloody hell! Thats mental! Closest our guild has is a level 78, and as far as I am aware (so I keep getting told anyway) that our guild is one of the best on the server! I've not been on all that much since it came out, but as far as I can gather, from the "Realm Firsts" that pop up, and through guild and general chat, most of the level 80's so far on our server have been horde dudes!

To be honest I'm not all that bothered how soon I get to 80, I kinda rushed to 70 and missed out on some stuff I wish I hadn't - particularly running instances, as I could never find enough people for a group at the right time. Hopefully, if i get the time I'll be able to run a few with some guildies now that we are at the samish levels!

Nah nah, its no the guys in the guild that have been telling me that, its other folks I have grouped with while levelling! I know it one of the most established guilds on the server, but I think the server only came about after TBC, as I didn't play before that, I'm not sure when it started! No exactly sure how I managed to wangle my way in! :D You going to role a DK?

• 2 weeks later...

Having spent far to much time in the last week playing the expansion LvL 80 in 39 hours played :?.

I can confirm that blizzard have done a great job. I can only like it to getting a really good book you cant put down. The lore element is the best yet and in many ways this is how wow should of been from day one IMO.

Game Play is far to easy. but the quest lay out and game structure is very good with some very nice new touches like the cut scenes when you complete certain quest lines to new ways of doing quests like stomping around on a huge mammoth to becoming a shredder.. all though buggy at times you can see what blizzard are trying to aim for. All the instances are far to easy on normal and only get slightly harder on heroic ( all though not tried orculus or old strath on heroic yet ) hopefully raiding presents more of a challenge as blizzard does seem to of designed this for the casual player more.

• 1 month later...

So how's everybody getting on with the end game content in WOTLK then? I've not done much to be honest, only done a handful of heroics due to the fact that I am still learning to tank properly! Really should take the plunge and go for it! Ended up in Naxx 25man as dps (despite being specced tank and no dps gear, it was really to avoid DE-ing any decent tank drops) was my 1st ever raid, really enjoyed it, cleared the Arachnid Quarter despite my only tickling them! :P

Guild downed Kel'thuzad last night, think they are gunning for Malygos tonight, so miles behind some of those uber guilds, but then for a reasonably casual player like myself, thats the way I think I would prefer it! :P

We have managed to clear all the new content and are mainly sitting twiddling our thumbs waiting for Uldaman to be released hopefully this Wednesday.

Still got to get Seth downed with 3 adds but planning to work on it after the next reset.

Edit: Tanking is almost the easiest thing to do in WoW.. make sure your dodge is capped at about 440 or was that 540. then stand and spam the new saunder spell and shield bash and Shield slam and your sortted.. then it is just up to your healers to keep you alive ;) With Tank new AOE stun effect spell then it makes trash so much easier too.

Nice! Can't wait for the patch, mainly so I can get to Exalted with the SoH! Na na, much less pressure on the DPS classes than there is the tank, at least it feels like that! :P My current rotation is something along the lines of Shield Slam > Revenge > Concussion Blow > Shockwave > Devastate. Sheilf Slam and Revenge are most definately priority, sundering is less so now, although getting to 5 as quick as possible is always good! My defence rating is somewhere around 548 atm, so I am sorted for that! Just need more hp really!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...