Greatest Goal

earlofzetland

Best goal I ever saw was when Neil McCann charged down the wing to send in a peach of a cross for Don Hutchison to knock in the winner against England in the 2nd leg of the Euro 2000 play-off game. Pity Scotland lost 2-1 on aggregate but the atmosphere inside Wembley was something I will never forget. Just a pity David Seaman was standing in the wrong place when Christian Dailly's header came in :cry:

Bittersweet memories of those matches. I had £10 at about 96/1 on a Scotland 1-0 victory with Don Hutchison scoring.

In the first match :cry:

best goal ive ever seen on the island was a bycicle kick by bruce bennent at fraser park last year ball floated in the box and with his back to goal at a seemingly impossible angle caught the ball and it wizzed past hte scalloway keeper, resulting in a ravenelli type celebration which resulted in him getting booked

One that sticks in my memory is a Stuart Hay diving header when I was playing for Ness up in Brae around about 2004. Was similarish to Ronaldo's header against (I think) Roma in last season's Champions League. I've never seen another goal like that in Shetland football.

(I think that may have been the same game we played pretty well... and ended up losing something like 14-1! They were an unbelievable team).

• 2 weeks later...