American Notebook - What's that all about

jim-jam

What do you think of the American Notebook column in the Shetland Times?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the American Notebook column in the Shetland Times?

• I like it
    • Not bothered
    • I don't like it

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is indeed a pretty lass! I was at the Anderson High with her. She lived in Unst and her father was the GP up there. However, I must agree with the concensus that her 'journal' is an irrelevant column, although I have only read it once or twice. Sorry Kim :!:

Maybe the day-to-day doings of a ferryman or a essykert driver would be a more compelling read :wink:

What did Jim Tait have to say about her? I missed that

Remember that there was a Barry somebody that bumbled around SE Asia and then Russia a few years back. There was one or maybe a couple of bits in the paper about his travels. This was interesting and just the right amount of coverage given to it. I have to agree the postcards from america are beginning to drag on now. I gave up reading them a while back.

Guest Anonymous

Personally, I think it's a way of filling up more space by the Shetland Times by putting it in weekly.

It's too long to be called a "column" and too boring to be called an "article". And I doubt you can call it a "feature" if it's in the paper every week. Limit it to once a month or something like that.

Guest Anonymous

I think it has dragged on to long, I have read a few times and skimmed over it otrher times and thought what is the point, who cares, I would either have it once every month or scrap it.

Rather than criticise her articles, i'd tend to agree with peeriebryan, and have thought for a while that a regular 'day/week in the life of' feature would be of interest to everybody, not just those that know them, and plenty of scope.

Chances of a bit of humour are pretty good also

bring it on :!:

who would you like to see featured :?: 8O

Guest Anonymous
Rather than criticise her articles, i'd tend to agree with peeriebryan, and have thought for a while that a regular 'day/week in the life of' feature would be of interest to everybody, not just those that know them, and plenty of scope.

Chances of a bit of humour are pretty good also

bring it on :!:

who would you like to see featured :?: 8O

thats a good idea Radio Shetland used to do the weeks awaa or somting like that!

it used to be quite good some weeks

Guest Anonymous
I'd like to see a weekly column in which local councilors take turns to tell us what they get up to. I'm sure most people would be interested to know what they spend our council tax on

Now that would be interesting!

Guest Anonymous
I'd like to see a weekly column in which local councilors take turns to tell us what they get up to. I'm sure most people would be interested to know what they spend our council tax on

Now that would be interesting!

Drew Ratter - Got up, had dump, went to meeting, drank tea, flew to India on Council money