A desperate need for silwerware perhaps??

plaguestorm

Morning all

Are the rumours true Whalsay are playing A-team Inter County regulars in the B-team in order to win the League? Perhaps even the Inter County Man of the Match himself?

Surely this goes against the 'spirit' of the B League if true. My understanding is Whalsay are breaking no rules other than an 'agreement' where clubs wouldn't play County players.

Surely if this is true then younger players trying to break through into senior football are spending unneccessary time on the bench.

Can anybody confirm these stories or clarify the rules??

not sure of B team rules this season but last year you were only allowed to play 3 named A players as there is a list each month of 11 A players.

you are not meant to play county players in the B league. not sure who whalsay play in their B team. but i doubt they are desperate to win the B league

I thought it was the case that owing to a gentleman's agreement, teams had agreed to avoid playing County players from the previous season in B games.

Surprised to see last year's county captain playing for Whalsay B last night.

Definitely something the footall association needs to make a rule on so tat everyone knows where they stand.

As we can see the "gentlemans" agreement has been interpreted in 2 different ways on this forum after only a handfull of posts, which should obviously highlight a need for the SFA to clarify it, although i believe they did send out emails after the said man of the match was spotted playing b's stating that it was this years County squad who shouldn't play in the b league.

It's a bit of a daft ruling when a county player coming back from injury or in Whalsays case the boy returning from a stint at the fishing can't play a b team match in order to help return to fitness, instead they're having to go straight into the a's when maybe not fit. It wouldn't happen at any other level.

I don't believe that Whalsay are in "desperate need for silverware" as stated in the heading of this topic having already won the Manson Cup this season and several Cups previously.

Whalsay are certainly not desperate to win the B League.

There is a gentlemans agreement but personaly I don't have any problem with a retired Shetland player trying to get his fitness up by playing a reserve game. The individual in question has a job which makes regular football impossible and as a result has missed most of the season. Whalsay will have one eye on catching Delting for the A league and will be keen to get the player fit.

In my view thats one of reasons we have a B League and I don't think anyone can accuse Whalsay of seeking an unfair advantage hen Delting B more or less have the league sown up anyway.