The Queen and Royal Family  

33 members have voted

1. 1. The Queen and Royal Family

• I think they're awesome
    • I think they're alright
    • I don't care either way
    • I don't think they're much use
    • I don't think we need them.

Are they still needed? Are they useful? Does anyone really like them?

Personally I don't respect them and don't think that they're of much, if any use other than to catch a few headlines in the Scum, err, Sun.

"'God save our gracious Queen' why would we invoke a non-specific deity to bail out these unelected sponges? Why would we do that?!" - Bill Bailey

I don't think we need 'em.

Most Royal families have minimal relevance or place in the 21st Century, and the House of Windsor :roll: is quite low down on the Totem for giving reasons to have relevance or place, especially in a Shetland context.

They behave like English Royals 99+% of the time, and pay lip service to Scotland when they remember (or are reminded) it's there, seeing as it happens to be co-joined to England by (unfortunate??) historical circumstances. Seeing as Shetland is only co-joined to Scotland due to being the unwitting/unknowing/innocent pawn in power plays and personal social climbing between long dead kings, it makes the English Royalty, who just happen to be the Scots Royalty on the side as well, who in turn happen to be the Shetland Royalty on the side of the side, a very inconsequentcal entity.

I met the queen when i was about 5. If I knew what i know now i would have snapped her neck and declared myself king. Im a tradionalist so would have loved to have done it on the feild of battle or had her thrown in a tower then had my choock mate chop her head off. But beggers canna be choose or kings, its not fair I think.

Personally I don't respect them and don't think that they're of much, if any use other than to catch a few headlines in the Scum, err, Sun.

Too many of these high and mighty types expect everyone to respect them , well respect is earned not given automatically , and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves only.