Stolen Bike

valhalla

http://pic60.picturetrail.com/VOL1716/8384767/15787445/284006046.jpg

Hope you can help us.

Our daughter got her bike pinched from our front garden lastnight.

Have contacted the police, but was hoping you could help by keeping your eyes peeled for it. We are in Lerwick.

It is identical to the photo.

Cheers

[mod]Fixed image[/mod]

Panic over!!

Blyd to report that the bike has been found in a field next to the Clickimin broch (in the field where the cows etc are kept) and has been returned home.

Wir peerie lass is delighted!

At first glance it appears to be undamaged.

My faith in humans have been restored!

p.s. The bike is now grounded!!

http://pic60.picturetrail.com/VOL1716/8384767/15787445/284006046.jpg

Hope you can help us.

Our daughter got her bike pinched from our front garden lastnight.

Have contacted the police, but was hoping you could help by keeping your eyes peeled for it. We are in Lerwick.

It is identical to the photo.

Cheers

[mod]Fixed image[/mod]

Jeezo, I have one exactly the same in my shed!

Hope you find yours. I had one stolen from the playing park in Lerwick (yes the bairn was with it). It was dredged out of Hay's Dock some months later.

A huge thank you to all involved in helping to find the bike.

Fjool whin we noticed the bike was gone our first port of call was to the police,then the Shetland bike project,then to all the Lerwck posties we knew, then all the grasscutters we knew and of course all the email contacts we have!

In fact anyone we knew!!

An update on the condition of the bike....... the seat has suffered a few tears, a lot more scratches and scrapes than before and the worst according to our daughter was all the animal poo on it.

In other words nothing that can't fix.

Thank you all again. :D

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. I hope you find it soon.

Might be worth letting the Shetland Bike Project know; just in case someone comes in trying to flog it.

Just to clarify the above point. Shetland Community Bike Project is a charity that provides supported work placement (waged) for recovering Alcohol & Drug users and also volunteering and theraputic work opportunities for people with mental health or other disabilities.

The project recycles bikes that have been donated or salvaged and these bikes are then offered for sale to the public at affordable prices. The project also services bikes. The project doesn't normally purchase bikes from the public.

If you have any bikes that you would like to recycle ( pun intended) or would like to buy a bike, please phone the project at Lerwick 690077 ( Petersons Kloss - Commercial Street - Lane opposite Bayes Shop)

The project doesn't normally purchase bikes from the public.

I do apologise if I gave the impression that I thought you guys were likely to buy stolen bikes! It wasn't my intention. I just figured that someone who had stolen or found a bike might turn up and try to flog or donate it to you.

I am very disappointed to hear that the bike project may be closing. What's the story here? Sounds like a mistake for Shetland to let something like this disappear.

I am very disappointed to hear that the bike project may be closing. What's the story here? Sounds like a mistake for Shetland to let something like this disappear.

Basically the funding situation is no different than that faced by many voluntary projects - It is just a fact of life that funding is subject to annual review. Currently, the main funder is Communities Scotland and the National scheme is currently being reviewed by the Scottish Parliament. The Shetland Bike project had great success in moving their clients into mainsream employment - so despite the cloud of a review hanging over us- the project remains hopeful that the review will recognise the benefits achieved and as a result, the funding stream will continue. At the moment it is certainly business as usual.

Thanks for your support.