Old Lerwick Graveyard at the Masonics

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Not a lot of people know this, but quite a lot also do.......

If you are ever walking past the Masonics Lodge in Lerwick - and you are sober and can see half a metre in front of you - have a look at the slabbing stones just outside the door. You will see some crosses on the slabs. This was not just someone having a laugh with a stillsaw......

These crosses are there because the lodge is on top of the really old Lerwick graveyard.

:roll:

Guest Anonymous

Interesting!

Maybe this is the final hiding place of the Holy Grail. The Knights Templar could have done worse than hidden the thing in Lerwick!

I feel a 'Da Vinci Code 2' coming on - starring Tommy Watt?

Sinclair Family.... :wink:

The place is crawling with them!

They had a big hoose at the sooth end too, ssshhh, dunna tell anybody or the secret catholics'll be around killing people who ken aboot it :wink:

If you haven't read the book, disregard this posting, all content herein is satirical and should not be taken literally by anybody of the roman catholic faith, sheesh i'm starting to regret writing it now, it was only a simple little joke....

• 1 month later...

when they cleared that grave yard to put in church road and the car park the moved the grave stones up to the old grave yard on knab road. if you go into it you will see them lined up along the edg of the path. the pavment with the crosses on it is the places whare they still are graves and its markes whare they are.

its a nice wee grave yard and i bet most of you have never been in it before